Question Games not detecting primary monitor

Jun 19, 2022
Certain games won't detect my primary/first monitor and will always default to my secondary monitor. I can't change it in my settings because they don't even detect my first monitor.

This is not on all games or even the majority, just certain ones like Valorant and Dead By Daylight and a few others. Both my monitors are connected to my graphics card, I've disconnected my secondary monitor and started games up to have them memorize to start on the first monitor but they will always go back to the second monitor once it's reconnected. Probably because they don't even recognize my first monitor.

So anytime I want to play these games I have to either disconnect my second monitor/turn it off or play in borderless windowed and use SHIFT + Left to move it to my left monitor but that only works on Dead by Daylight. It's become a very annoying issue as I just have to disable my second monitor while playing these games.

I haven't been able to find a permanent fix that works after months of looking for a solution.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include monitors: make and model.

Video connections being used (DVI, HDMI, DP) ?

If you right click an open area of the desktop does a menu appear with an option to access the applicable GPU's Control Panel?

Take a close look at the current Control Panel settings and options - you may just need to reconfigure something.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts