Games on movie "Night of the Comet"

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Sorry if this has been done...

I was watching the movie "Night of the Comet"(circa 1984) and the main
character(she is a hot 80's chick!) was playing Tempest in the theater
where she worked. The game looked funny to me, had a marquee below the CP.
Done for the movie?

There was 2 other games on either side I can't remember what they were.

--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau

"The original point and click interface is a Smith and Wesson"

Tom <usa1@nospamiei.net> wrote:
: Sorry if this has been done...
:
: I was watching the movie "Night of the Comet"(circa 1984) and the main
: character(she is a hot 80's chick!) was playing Tempest in the theater
: where she worked. The game looked funny to me, had a marquee below the CP.
: Done for the movie?

IIRC, it was a cabaret.

: There was 2 other games on either side I can't remember what they were.

Asteroids and Asteroids deluxe... but they aren't on.

Notice also how pitiful the high scores are, and that the intials on the
high score list also appear on the license plate of the guy's car at the
end of the movie.

--
Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> Tom <usa1@nospamiei.net> wrote:
> : Sorry if this has been done...
> :
> : I was watching the movie "Night of the Comet"(circa 1984) and the main
> : character(she is a hot 80's chick!) was playing Tempest in the theater
> : where she worked. The game looked funny to me, had a marquee below the
CP.
> : Done for the movie?
>
> IIRC, it was a cabaret.
>
> : There was 2 other games on either side I can't remember what they were.
>
> Asteroids and Asteroids deluxe... but they aren't on.
>
> Notice also how pitiful the high scores are, and that the intials on the
> high score list also appear on the license plate of the guy's car at the
> end of the movie.

Seen that movie just a few too many times, have we Mark?

"Dane L. Galden" <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote in message
> "Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> > Tom <usa1@nospamiei.net> wrote:
> > : Sorry if this has been done...
> > :
> > : I was watching the movie "Night of the Comet"(circa 1984) and the main
> > : character(she is a hot 80's chick!) was playing Tempest in the theater
> > : where she worked. The game looked funny to me, had a marquee below the
> CP.
> > : Done for the movie?
> >
> > IIRC, it was a cabaret.
> >
> > : There was 2 other games on either side I can't remember what they
were.

> > Asteroids and Asteroids deluxe... but they aren't on.
> >
> > Notice also how pitiful the high scores are, and that the intials on the
> > high score list also appear on the license plate of the guy's car at the
> > end of the movie.
> >

> Seen that movie just a few too many times, have we Mark?

Oops! I guess that should be "Saw"...

"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
> Tom <usa1@nospamiei.net> wrote:
> : Sorry if this has been done...
> :
> : I was watching the movie "Night of the Comet"(circa 1984) and the main
> : character(she is a hot 80's chick!) was playing Tempest in the theater
> : where she worked. The game looked funny to me, had a marquee below the
CP.
> : Done for the movie?
>
> IIRC, it was a cabaret.
>
> : There was 2 other games on either side I can't remember what they were.
>
> Asteroids and Asteroids deluxe... but they aren't on.
>
> Notice also how pitiful the high scores are, and that the intials on the
> high score list also appear on the license plate of the guy's car at the
> end of the movie.

DMK, that movie is a classic, but then I'm partial to zombie movies.

Dave

---

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:24:29 GMT, "D Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com>
wrote:

>"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
>> Tom <usa1@nospamiei.net> wrote:
>> : Sorry if this has been done...
>> :
>> : I was watching the movie "Night of the Comet"(circa 1984) and the main
>> : character(she is a hot 80's chick!) was playing Tempest in the theater
>> : where she worked. The game looked funny to me, had a marquee below the
>CP.
>> : Done for the movie?
>>
>> IIRC, it was a cabaret.
>>
>> : There was 2 other games on either side I can't remember what they were.
>>
>> Asteroids and Asteroids deluxe... but they aren't on.
>>
>> Notice also how pitiful the high scores are, and that the intials on the
>> high score list also appear on the license plate of the guy's car at the
>> end of the movie.
>
>DMK, that movie is a classic, but then I'm partial to zombie movies.

That's the one where people all turn into dust, right? I think I
remember it.

Blaine.

yeah...

the younger sister went throught the movie pissed at the older sister cause
the last guy alive wanted just the older sister.... yeah... right... the end
of the world... your the last guy alive, you find a pair of hot sisters...
and you only screw ONE... like THAT would happen...

"B. White" <bish500@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 06:24:29 GMT, "D Widel" <pacman@mailblocks.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mark C. Spaeth" <mspaeth@plancherel.mit.edu> wrote in message
>>> Tom <usa1@nospamiei.net> wrote:
>>> : Sorry if this has been done...
>>> :
>>> : I was watching the movie "Night of the Comet"(circa 1984) and the main
>>> : character(she is a hot 80's chick!) was playing Tempest in the theater
>>> : where she worked. The game looked funny to me, had a marquee below the
>>CP.
>>> : Done for the movie?
>>>
>>> IIRC, it was a cabaret.
>>>
>>> : There was 2 other games on either side I can't remember what they
>>> were.
>>>
>>> Asteroids and Asteroids deluxe... but they aren't on.
>>>
>>> Notice also how pitiful the high scores are, and that the intials on the
>>> high score list also appear on the license plate of the guy's car at the
>>> end of the movie.
>>
>>DMK, that movie is a classic, but then I'm partial to zombie movies.
>
> That's the one where people all turn into dust, right? I think I
> remember it.
>
> Blaine.

Pleiades

The Tempest was the cabaret model. The games to either side were
regular uprights of Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe.

Kyle S. :^)

>(she is a hot 80's chick!)

Catherine Mary Stewart. She was the gf in The Last Starfighter and did
a handful of other 80's sci-fi flicks. Yummy fo sho!

- Craig

Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe
Lunar Lander

Don

Tom wrote:
> Sorry if this has been done...
>
> I was watching the movie "Night of the Comet"(circa 1984) and the
main
> character(she is a hot 80's chick!) was playing Tempest in the
theater
> where she worked. The game looked funny to me, had a marquee below
the CP.
> Done for the movie?
>
> There was 2 other games on either side I can't remember what they
were.

> --
> Tom
>
> "That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
> -Henry Thoreau
>
> "The original point and click interface is a Smith and Wesson"

Since its not on DVD and never was... I love the idiots that sell the
'over the seas' version on greedbay. Did I say it was never ever made
on DVD in any country?

heres a screen capture from my LD player.
http://arcadeguy.com/temp/comet.jpg

Tempest min
Asteriods
Asteroids DX

While I have your attention,
I need this Atari PCB:
http://arcadeguy.com/temp/ataripcb.jpg

and classics:
http://arcadeguy.com/temp/wouldyou.jpg
http://arcadeguy.com/temp/captured.jpg

Don

I keep confusing that movie with the TV movie, "Where Have All the People
Gone?".

Ummmm, IMDB says 1974.

Where everyone turns to dust from solar flare radiation. The initial flare
was largest, but the family we follow was spelunking at the time.

Kinda neat, talking to someone who had been exposed, turn your back, then
they're dust.

--
[ Robert ]

Craig Yarbrough wrote:
> >(she is a hot 80's chick!)
>
> Catherine Mary Stewart. She was the gf in The Last Starfighter and
did
> a handful of other 80's sci-fi flicks. Yummy fo sho!
>
> - Craig

Definitely Yummy! Major hot 80's chick!
Anyone know if Last Starfighter ever came out on DVD? My VHS of it is
pretty old and worn out.

Yep, last year.

> Anyone know if Last Starfighter ever came out on DVD? My VHS of it is
> pretty old and worn out.

Picked mine up for $6.99 at WalMart.

Blaine.

- - -
>Yep, last year.
>
>> Anyone know if Last Starfighter ever came out on DVD? My VHS of it is
>> pretty old and worn out.

It's on HBO this month.. :)

--
-Steve P.