Games Running Slower

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017
So here is a weird one. i have certain games on my computer, for example at the moment, Resident Evil 4 and Wolfenstein: New Order, that whenever i hook another program onto them like say Riva Tuner so i can control the FPS better, they start running slower, like Resident Evil 4 won't be noticeably slower, but it will "feel" slower, and Wolfenstein will straight up start running like i'm in Bullet Time, any idea why this would be happening? it only happens AFTER i hook Riva Tuner or another program to them.

Solution

It's slightly possible RTSS is conflicting with some startups or background programs you might be running while gaming (including antivirus or 3rd party firewall). You could check that either by trying other games to see if it keeps happening, or disabling those startups and background programs one at a time until you find the culprit.

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017

disabled the Steam Overlay and it's the same thing....

hiro928

Honorable
Apr 7, 2017

well that blows chunks, well thanks for the help anyway my friend, i'll probably wait another day to see if anyone else comes up with an answer, if not i'll pick yours as an a solution, if nothing else for the pointage

It's slightly possible RTSS is conflicting with some startups or background programs you might be running while gaming (including antivirus or 3rd party firewall). You could check that either by trying other games to see if it keeps happening, or disabling those startups and background programs one at a time until you find the culprit.

Solution