Games started lagging out of nowhere

Jun 6, 2018
Hello everyone, I've been getting choppy framerate ever since Friday of last week. Like out of know where fortnite and PUBG started lagging fps wise. I have a GTX 770 4gb paired with a i5 3570k. 8gb ddr3 ram. I used to be able to run both of these games med-high settings. Fortnite being 200+ fps and pubg 60+. I may have split a little bit of water through the top of my case. It's a black corsair case (Carbide) I want to know how to fix this, and if it's unfixable what I need to upgrade. Thanks!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
May have spilt water? How much spilt and did any water get inside the case? What did you do when that happened? Hoped you turned it off immediately. Doesn't sound like you did.

Need to inspect make sure insides are dry. PSU probably copped it if it's placed at the bottom of case. So fingers crossed it's only the PSU that needs replacing.

Replacing modular PSUs also requires replacement of CPU, ATX, Sata and PCIe power cables, they're not interchangeable between PSU models due to different pin layouts.

Seasonic, Antec, Corsair are some known PSU brands.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Priv msg from spiritsdivide
So I looked around my computer insides and I see no water. I also have a water cooled CPU not really sure how to check temps to make sure that’s not the problem? Can PSU not working or hot temps cause my games to lag? Thanks!

Monitor temps with Realtemp https://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

If PSU is not turning on properly means the water pump isn't pumping water through properly, possibly just the auxiliary power side of the PSU is damaged. Im surprised you're still operating the PC as is. Need to try another PSU.

Jun 6, 2018

My good buddy is at Bonnaroo right now, I guess I'll let him look at it. he's pretty handy with computers. Thank you for the help.