Question Games stutter/blurry

Steensels

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

I seem to have run into a problem.
My gaming was going great, untill it started stuttering or something, image looks blurry, this started after running Iracing graphics config, which seems odd to be the possible cause.
I have since upgraded my graphics card from a HD7950 to a 2070 super

Current system
HP prebuild motherboard, can't seem to find the modelnumber
Kingston 2x4GB RAM + HP 2x4GB RAM
Intel I7-3770 with stock cooler
Samsung 860 evo 500 gb sata
MSI 2070 super triple fan
I play on a 4k LG TV
Windows 10 ver 1903

I mainly play Iracing and assetto corsa competizione, both have the same problem.
It looks like playing videos has some form of the problem aswell, although it seems less present.

I have tried changing multiple settings, VSYNC on seems to help a bit, but doesn't solve it enough.
Did a fresh install of windows and all games.
Disabled gamebar, game dvr, optimizations for gaming from windows.
Have followed allot of topics and proposed solutions, none of them worked.
I'd really like the butter smooth image back.

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Glenn

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
Stutter is one thing, blur is quite another. How do the games look 'blurry' exactly?

Does anything else looks blurry? The desktop? Web pages?

Do you have another monitor or TV in the house you could test this on? In case it's a TV settings issue.

If you run something like the free Unigine Valley benchmark, does it also look blurry or is the image fairly clear (notwithstanding the graphics are a few years old now)?

Steensels

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
You could remove graphics drivers with DDU in safe mode and install the latest ones when you reboot into windows
Hi, thanks for your answer
I used DDU in safe mode to remove the radeon drivers when i replaced my GPU, although the problem was already present with the previous card.
Afterwards i did a complete reinstallation of windows in hopes to resolve this problem, everything remained the same.

Steensels

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
Stutter is one thing, blur is quite another. How do the games look 'blurry' exactly?

Does anything else looks blurry? The desktop? Web pages?

Do you have another monitor or TV in the house you could test this on? In case it's a TV settings issue.

If you run something like the free Unigine Valley benchmark, does it also look blurry or is the image fairly clear (notwithstanding the graphics are a few years old now)?
Hi,
So first off, the image on the loading of assetto corsa already has some stutter in it, also allot of tearing, the tearing i have solved as of yesterday evening with scanline interface of rtss.

It all looks blurry in the sense that signs next to the road aren't readable, or barely at times. Other cars look blurry aswell, surrounding areas of the tracks are very unclear shown on my screen.

Desktop and web pages are clear, on 4K and on 1080.

Don't have another screen available at the moment, but
I have tried another computer (borrowed) and it looks great, with the same TV and hdmi cable i use now.
(I7-2600, asrock z77e-mini itx, 16GB kingston ram the black type?, samsung 850 evo 500gb, gtx 1070, seasonic 750W focus plus platinum)

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
It all sounds like a game settings issue. Possibly the in game settings changed. Perhaps AMD's gaming suite changed the settings like Nvidia's Geforce Experience likes to unbidden. Using image filtering in the AMD software could also affect it.

Or a TV settings issue. Motion blur or lack thereof. TVs often save different settings for each input. When you tested the other PC, did you use the same input as for your normal PC, or a different HDMI port?

Steensels

Honorable
Nov 10, 2015
It all sounds like a game settings issue. Possibly the in game settings changed. Perhaps AMD's gaming suite changed the settings like Nvidia's Geforce Experience likes to unbidden. Using image filtering in the AMD software could also affect it.

Or a TV settings issue. Motion blur or lack thereof. TVs often save different settings for each input. When you tested the other PC, did you use the same input as for your normal PC, or a different HDMI port?
I have tried allot of different settings, it doesn't seem to help one bit, except for vsync, which helps a little, but it's still not smooth at all. Especially compared to the other pc.

I didn't have amd gaming suite installed, also removed nvidia geforce experience.

I used the same channel, the same hdmi cable, i simply replaced my pc with his, everything else remained the same. I'll try to get a screenshot of the settings on his pc.