[SOLVED] Games Stutter when Display is set using custom scaling

vince5190

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012
Hi all, so i dont really like the sizes of text and apps with the default 1080p, so i changed the size of text and apps under the display setting to 125%

I seem to noticed that most games i play, after setting this custom scaling, stutter profusely. Can anyone explain how this can happen?

Solution
Could you please post the specs of your PC/Laptop? It currently sounds like your GPU (graphics card) is stuggling and may either be too low in power, or possibly too old or maybe failing. Without more info it would be very difficult to guess correctly.

I suggest posting:
The CPU model
RAM
Operating system
GPU model and estimated age
Operating system (also whether it's 32 or 64 bit)
and the games that are having problems

This would be extremely helpful in diagnosing the problem. If you don't know how to get this info, please don't be afraid to ask.

RichardWood1

Reputable
Aug 5, 2016
Could you please post the specs of your PC/Laptop? It currently sounds like your GPU (graphics card) is stuggling and may either be too low in power, or possibly too old or maybe failing. Without more info it would be very difficult to guess correctly.

I suggest posting:
The CPU model
RAM
Operating system
GPU model and estimated age
Operating system (also whether it's 32 or 64 bit)
and the games that are having problems

This would be extremely helpful in diagnosing the problem. If you don't know how to get this info, please don't be afraid to ask.

Solution