Question Games stuttering

exDeee

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
Title pretty much tells you everything. I dont know how to fix this , i went back to the same drivers that had no issues after: 1. Using AMDs clean up utility , reinstalling drivers , failed (still stutters) , 2.After using DDU , reinstalling drivers , failed (still stutters) , but the driver version that was working fine now is also malfunctioning ( if this is indeed driver related)
Ive given up and this is pretty much my last attempt of making it somehow work out again.

RX580 19.1.2 ---> 19.2.1 (stutters) ----> 19.2.2 (stutters) ----> 19.1.1 (stutters) ----> 19.1.2 (stutters but im tired of doing this so im sitting on this for the moment)
I could try DDU again...

Feb 15, 2019
I used to have weird stuttering in games until I cleaned my registry and defragged my hard drive.. I'm not saying this will definitely fix your issue but maybe its something to consider if all else fails..

ItsmeAJ

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
Install msi afterburner with its riveratune, then enable in game overlay that shows cpu/gpu usages. And notice when game stutters how cpu/gpu usages are. Also watch your cpu/gpu temp, once it reaches thermal limit, core clock will be dropped to avoid overheat and that also cause stutterings.

exDeee

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
I used to have weird stuttering in games until I cleaned my registry and defragged my hard drive.. I'm not saying this will definitely fix your issue but maybe its something to consider if all else fails..
Install msi afterburner with its riveratune, then enable in game overlay that shows cpu/gpu usages. And notice when game stutters how cpu/gpu usages are. Also watch your cpu/gpu temp, once it reaches thermal limit, core clock will be dropped to avoid overheat and that also cause stutterings.

Okay so the GPU MIGHT not be the problem... Big relief considering my new build is going to keep the RX580.
Okay ill look into riveratune and when im done looking at it ill report here.

exDeee

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
What if i would drop the core clock manualy? This RX580 is factory overclocked.

mtracy1991

Reputable
so overclocking the gpu will increase temps due to increased voltage. Try and reduce the voltages and log temperatures. You should notice lower temperatures if you underclock the gpu to NORMAL clock speed or even underclocking the gpu. If you do drop the core clock manually, ensure it isn't too low.

Reactions: exDeee

exDeee

Commendable
Jun 18, 2017
so overclocking the gpu will increase temps due to increased voltage. Try and reduce the voltages and log temperatures. You should notice lower temperatures if you underclock the gpu to NORMAL clock speed or even underclocking the gpu. If you do drop the core clock manually, ensure it isn't too low.
Thank you , ill keep that in mind.