Question Gaming Headphones: Is This A Good Deal?

Jake N Shake

Commendable
Jan 30, 2022
I recently was looking into getting a new gaming headset.

I play a lot of competitive fps games as well as more immersive coop and single player games. My current headset is a Steel Series Arctis Pro w/ GameDac (wired version) and has treated me well but is on its last leg.

I have a current offer to get the new Arctis Nova Pro (wired) for $115 plus tax. Is this a good deal that I should act on? The msrp seems to be around $249, so this seems like a great discount.

I keep on seeing people recommend the Audeze Maxwells, but I don't see any prices below the $300 msrp.

Any other suggestions or things I'm missing?

I recently was looking into getting a new gaming headset.

I play a lot of competitive fps games as well as more immersive coop and single player games. My current headset is a Steel Series Arctis Pro w/ GameDac (wired version) and has treated me well but is on its last leg.

I have a current offer to get the new Arctis Nova Pro (wired) for $115 plus tax. Is this a good deal that I should act on? The msrp seems to be around $249, so this seems like a great discount.

I keep on seeing people recommend the Audeze Maxwells, but I don't see any prices below the $300 msrp.

Any other suggestions or things I'm missing?
You can just get something like the HD599 or 560 with a modmic or desk mic. Open backs are much better for immersion and the 560 in particular has good soundstage and imaging though I find them a bit bright and prefer the 599.

Reactions: Jake N Shake