Question Gaming Laptop is making some weird humming noise when its fans are running at high speed, should I be worried?

Aug 19, 2024
So, I've had my gaming laptop for a little under 2 years at the time I'm posting this, and my CPU and GPU are an Intel Core i9 12th Gen and a Geforce RTX 3080 respectively. When I first got this laptop I never really noticed anything wrong up until recently, whenever I'm playing a more demanding game, one that requires the fan speed to get cranked up more, I've been noticing that a strange humming noise starts persistently coming from my laptop around where the fans are (mainly getting the most audible when they're running at 6000+ RPM), only for it to pipe down after the fan speed can be reduced again, through some investigations, I've noticed that the noise is still present even when the fans are running at lower speeds, though they're pretty much completely inaudible unless I put my ear up to where the fan is located. I'm not sure if it'll really do this justice but I've included a video of the sound I hear when running the fans at high speeds:

As much as I want to dismiss this as something like coil whine, compared to other instances I've seen of it, I'm not 100% sure that's what it is. So I ask once again, should I be worried about this?

The lifetime of such fans are not that long because of of the RPMs constantly running. Also the temperatures will go up overtime and the fans wanna compensate at high speed.
As long as the temperatures are not far higher than it was brand new (like >10K), don´t worry
If it´s getting louder and temps are increasing, would repaste and clean the inside and eventually replace the fans with new ones. But this as a last step, because the risk of a criticial defect while opening the laptop up, cleaning and replacing fans is higher than a just little bit louder laptop.

Aug 8, 2024
It sounds like your laptop’s fans might be getting a bit worn out after two years. The humming noise you're hearing could be from the fan bearings wearing down, which is common over time. Dust buildup could also be making the fans work harder, causing the noise to become more noticeable, especially at high speeds.

Try giving the fans a good clean if you can, or have a professional check it out. If the noise keeps up, it might be time to consider replacing the fans. Don’t worry too much—this kind of thing happens with gaming laptops!

Aug 19, 2024
The lifetime of such fans are not that long because of of the RPMs constantly running. Also the temperatures will go up overtime and the fans wanna compensate at high speed.
As long as the temperatures are not far higher than it was brand new (like >10K), don´t worry
If it´s getting louder and temps are increasing, would repaste and clean the inside and eventually replace the fans with new ones. But this as a last step, because the risk of a criticial defect while opening the laptop up, cleaning and replacing fans is higher than a just little bit louder laptop.
So what would end up happening if I just left it as is? The CPU temperature appears to be around 155-199F (66-93C) when playing more demanding games, and 127-154 (53-68C) in most other cases (with the GPU temperature being generally lower in both scenarios; additionally, I don’t remember what the temperatures were when I first got the laptop), so it doesn’t seem like anything’s wrong with the cooling system. If I were to just leave it would the problem get worse and worse until it basically ruins my laptop?