[SOLVED] Gaming Laptop is overheating and dropping FPS

Dec 18, 2020
I bought a Predator Helios 300 back in summer of 2018 and it ran great up until last may, had to buy a new hard drive cause it fried somehow. Ever since then my computer slowly got worse and I had to recently get another new hard drive because it suddenly stopped being detected on any computer. Only changes I've made to my laptop is that I've added a 2TB Seagate Barracuda sata hard drive, I cleaned the fans a few times, and I've upped the amount of ram my computer has from 8 to 16. I've recently applied new thermal paste to the gpu and cpu but have still been over heating, even hotter now actually hitting 215 degrees F, or about 95 C Gpu hits about 140 F or about 66 Celsius I'm lost in what is wrong and I don't have the funds to spend on my laptop anymore. I need to find a solution to this, im trying to save for an actual desktop but this is all I have for both gaming and work.

Solution
Those temps are very high and not normal with proper repaste. I see there are people with similar issues to yours and they fixed it by using better quality paste like Kryonaut. Till you get it repasted though you can reduce the maximum usage of your cpu to 93% in the windows power options. This should reduce your temps to 65-70 while gaming.
Dec 17, 2020
Those temps are very high and not normal with proper repaste. I see there are people with similar issues to yours and they fixed it by using better quality paste like Kryonaut. Till you get it repasted though you can reduce the maximum usage of your cpu to 93% in the windows power options. This should reduce your temps to 65-70 while gaming.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS