[SOLVED] Gaming mode?

I don't notice anything honestly, I did get a decrease in fps on Forza on windows 10 with it on, but Idk if it really does anything win Win 11 lol
When you use Game Mode, Windows prioritises your gaming experience by turning things off in the background. When you’re running a game, Game Mode:
  • Prevents Windows Update from performing driver installations and sending restart notifications
  • Helps achieve a more stable frame rate depending on the specific game and system
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/use-game-mode-gaming-on-pc

When you use Game Mode, Windows prioritises your gaming experience by turning things off in the background. When you’re running a game, Game Mode:
  • Prevents Windows Update from performing driver installations and sending restart notifications
  • Helps achieve a more stable frame rate depending on the specific game and system
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/use-game-mode-gaming-on-pc
I know full well what it does, but notice no change at all with gaming performance what they claim.

I know full well what it does, but notice no change at all with gaming performance what they claim.
you need some low end PC to see difference, something with small CPU core count and small RAM
if you play games and cpu isnt running at 100% (dont count SMT hyperthreading), then obviously you wont see any diff
point is to free up system resources for games
well for normal decent PC, that windows update and notifications block is the only thing you will notice

you need some low end PC to see difference, something with small CPU core count and small RAM
if you play games and cpu isnt running at 100% (dont count SMT hyperthreading), then obviously you wont see any diff
point is to free up system resources for games
well for normal decent PC, that windows update and notifications block is the only thing you will notice
Even then its still not a huge if anything, a system considered low end like a i7 920 and 24Gb of ram and a HD7970 there isn't any change in any game its played, the thing is, they claim things, it doesn't deliver, people say "works on low end systems" ok so how low end, netbook low end, Pentium 4 low end, maybe a 386 system.... Yes I've tried this on quite a lot of systems I've built over the years, the marketing for the feature doesn't really add up at all both on Win 11 and Win 10 and in experience, never has.

Even then its still not a huge if anything, a system considered low end like a i7 920 and 24Gb of ram and a HD7970 there isn't any change in any game its played, the thing is, they claim things, it doesn't deliver, people say "works on low end systems" ok so how low end, netbook low end, Pentium 4 low end, maybe a 386 system.... Yes I've tried this on quite a lot of systems I've built over the years, the marketing for the feature doesn't really add up at all both on Win 11 and Win 10 and in experience, never has.
dunno, but i used to have low end systems back in my kid days, and as far as i remember, turning things manualy off even explorer.exe during gaming made gaming experience much better, games were loading faster, fps was more stable
even back in DOS days i used to turn off things to have some extre free conventional memory xD

right so the thing is you have weak CPU and game utilizes that CPU fully, then you have some background tasks running which ninja some CPU cycles, leaving less CPU resources for your game
by how much...no idea..every system has different bloatware running...mostly affected are OEM provided PCs, or somebody who just installs whatever he finds on net :)
even some microsoft tasks can be considered as bloatware, turning that off (sleep them) should save some resources. lets says you run mmo 300vs300 pvp, should be CPU heavy and in background antivirus scan happens and FPS goes poof...