Gaming Mouse Works on PC and Xbox 360

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drksilenc

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
lol when my friends come over that means lan party. its kinda fun haveing around 40k worth of computer hardware sitting around my house. 20-30 people just fragging each other. gotta love corp class internet. 50*50 sym it works wonders for lans

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@drksilenc,

Its true, a few of my friends rent a house together and I've set up a 4 PC lan there. There have been many RTS games played.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
If "Resolution" of a screen is all you care about when you play games, then you don't know what playing a game really means. Complaining that the xBox is not up to par with today's PC is pointless just as complaining your 10k$ car isn't as fast as today's fastest super car.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Everyone should just ignore soldier37. He is always posting garbage like that. In fact I believe his favorite phrase is "crapbox". After that he is always claiming his pc is 5 generations ahead.

He must really not have anything better to do than troll...

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Please the crapbox and the PC shouldnt even be used in the same sentence! My PC is 5 generations ahead of the crapbox. 2560 x 1600 res,Quad core at 4ghz,8gb ddr3 ram, 2 5870 dx11 cards in crossfire. Why do they even still make that outdated garbage, and idiots continue to buy them lol.[/citation]

I run an i7 with 9Gb DDR3 and a 5870, I love my PC games and they do indeed look fantastic. But I also enjoy playing my 360, even if I didn't I would not bash on "crapbox" owners because that is elitist and completely stupid. I have over $1500 in my PC (just the tower), if you can't see that saving $1200 and still being able to game is a great option for many people then you need to remove your head from your ass.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]How are you liking those DX11 games? I hear they're all the rage these days!!! Almost as hot as those DX10 games!...[/citation]

Don't let the elitist pricks get to you. I can chime in here though and say that the games I have played with DX10/11 are looking fantastic. I could never turn the features on with my 4850 so I never missed them, now there is no way I could go back. Graphics are leaps and bounds above current consoles but that does not make my 360 any less fun.

Stalker CoP and CS
Crysis (finally I can play this stupid game)
Company of Heroes
Bad Company 2
Dirt 2
Metro 2033
Bioshock 1&2
Far Cry 2
Flight Sim X

All look great in DX9 and fantastic in DX10/11.

Only if the user that is using the analog is comfortable with a mouse and keyboard (FPS). I have been using a G5/G15 with my PS3 since MW2 came out and trust me I am called a hacker/cheater on a daily basis ;)

Funny thing is that you cannot hack the PS3 :lol:

The mouse and keyboard will always be superior to the analog controller mainly because your hand is more accurate than your thumb when it coms to FPS games ;)

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
True CPtTripps. People who brag about the consoles being inferior are just lonely immature PC gamers. It is true that most gaming computes are better than a gaming console but that doesn't stop a console from being worth having. The last consoles I owned where the previous generation PS2 and Gamecube and boy what I fun I had with them. All of my friends have the current gen consoles and though the graphics and sound are not as sharp as with my Pc I have an absolute blast and enjoy playing with my close friends. Again, this doesn't mean that I enjoy fragging on the ePc with friends from the other side of the world on an intense 32 player Battlefield Bad Company 2 match. The immersion is the best but it is a lonely world that of the PC.

So, with this said. Waste money on a PS3 to play with friends or shell them out for Fermi if it performs well?

DUH! FERMI FTW! I'll just skiddadle my way to their houses whenever I'm bored.

DX11?

The only DX11 game that is currently out is Dirt2.

isamuelson

Distinguished
[citation][nom]sagansrun[/nom]Only children play with consoles, real gamers use a PC.[/citation]

I have both a PC and two consoles (although they are the original XBox and a Wii), but I play both. So, am I a real child gamer? :lol:

When I play games with my children, nothing beats Rock Band with them. We have RB1, RB2, AC/DC RB and the Limited Edition Beatles RB games. They are all fun together.

But, when it's just me, I love to get on my PC (which isn't the best but it does allow me to play the latest games at very high settings detail wise) and go at it in various RPG games as well as FPS games.

There's nothing wrong with having both, although I do prefer the PC because it does have better graphics.

In the end, eventually either type of system does have to be upgraded. The PC can be upgraded on a faster basis and it doesn't require having to purchase a whole new system whereas consoles usually have a lifespan of 3+ years and when they release a new version, it's not just a piece here or there. You have to purchase the entire system. Usually with PCs, you can just upgrade a video card unless you're sitting on hardware that's outdated. Then, it does require a major overhaul.

So, neither option is cheap. But, both are fun! I LIKE having choices.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]OvrClkr[/nom]DX11?The only DX11 game that is currently out is Dirt2.[/citation]

Actually BC2 is indeed using parts of DX11 (I believe mostly shaders), I'm not saying it was built ground up for it but it indeed supports it. Stalker CoP is also DX11 and has tesselation support (ouchy on framerates though).

Metro 2033 is DX11 as well.

Dirt 2 is probably the least DX11 enabled title of the ones I own. It may have alot going on but I don't notice it as much.

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Looking back I was 100% unclear on my closing statement. All titles look great in DX9 and the ones running either DX10 or DX11 look fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.