Gaming Mouse Works on PC and Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Please the crapbox and the PC shouldnt even be used in the same sentence! My PC is 5 generations ahead of the crapbox. 2560 x 1600 res,Quad core at 4ghz,8gb ddr3 ram, 2 5870 dx11 cards in crossfire. Why do they even still make that outdated garbage, and idiots continue to buy them lol.[/citation]

Because its cheaper and some people don't wan to spend $1k to play a video game. Personally, I prefer PC over Xbox but Xbox isn't a terrible console and graphics wise, its not terrible for just $200.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Please the crapbox and the PC shouldnt even be used in the same sentence! My PC is 5 generations ahead of the crapbox. 2560 x 1600 res,Quad core at 4ghz,8gb ddr3 ram, 2 5870 dx11 cards in crossfire. Why do they even still make that outdated garbage, and idiots continue to buy them lol.[/citation]

How are you liking those DX11 games? I hear they're all the rage these days!!! Almost as hot as those DX10 games!

blue shift

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Soon, the population of Xbox Live will know for sure whether controllers can compete with mice in terms of FPS deadliness. What fun! I might grab one myself, so that (as a lefty), I'll actually be able to play Halo 3 on a friend's 360 sometime.

Acert93

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
They make no mention of software to adapt to games though. Shooters have various deadzone sizes and shapes, non-linear scaling for X and Y, as well as acceleration. Withing adjust for these issues the mouse is going to control horribly. If someone is serious about getting as good Mouse control on the 360 as possible they need to look at the Xim. It is is a modified 360 controller that plugs into both the PC and 360 with PC software translating the mouse movements in a way to correct for various software "hacks" to adapt to the gamepad's special needs. I hear they are also making a version that won't need a PC.

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
You have a 1994 Packard Bell.

bigrigross

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
[citation][nom]babybeluga[/nom]How are you liking those DX11 games? I hear they're all the rage these days!!! Almost as hot as those DX10 games!...[/citation]

There quite nice actually, Bad Company 2 looks incredible in DX11. And soon alot more games are about to follow. There on wiki if you want to find the release dates for them.

Sykar

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
If you're able to play online FPS with this you would probably be at an advantage since you can react faster with a mouse rather than just a joystick, wouldn't you?

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
[citation][nom]bigrigross[/nom]There quite nice actually, Bad Company 2 looks incredible in DX11. And soon alot more games are about to follow. There on wiki if you want to find the release dates for them.[/citation]
Metro 2033 is gorgeous and Dirt 2 runs like a dream.

EnderYeah

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
even if ur pc is 5 gens ahead, all the games are current gen or next gen (if you count dx11 as next gen and not a marketing ploy to get us to spend more money on cards that are marginally better than the ones we have already). xbox is 200-300, your pc was 2k. now who is the idiot wasting thier money?

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
PS3 has let you use any mouse you wanted for ages. games are even allowed to use it as a controller, and that way they can fairly manage who has a mouse - i.e A HUGE ADVANTAGE - and who doesn't in online fps. I assume there will be no such functionality here? that the mouse will just look like a controller giving users an unfair advantage in games?

this is really immature. just do what the ps3 does, games: support mouse. and we can all get along happily.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
This is pretty awesome. I've been telling all of my friends that play console that I would destroy them in FPS games if I could only use a mouse. Hopefully this will eventually lead to console and PC playing through the same servers (or lack there of with RETARDED MW2). Then those consolers that think they are good will get destroyed by the vast majority of PC gamers.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Why?

Why cant we just have usb kb and mouse support on the 360? god forbid I be allowed to decide which I like better... that might cause the world to implode...

[edit] Imagine if you could release a console port without any modification from that version to the pc version. Anyone remember Halo vista? where you couldnt map the E key to anything else and you had to remap EVERY key to an unused key before mapping your own custom config... hell Halo 1 on pc didnt have that kind of a problem! Ive given up on them actually making a game exclusively for the pc (which will possibly start to stunt the growth of hardware soon till the new consoles come out) so they should make the console versions keyboard and mouse accessible from the start. [/edit]

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Define "5 generations ahead" please.

G

Comparing an xbox controller to a mouse/keyboard in an fps setting

Is like comparing a car with power steering and with out it.

You don't get the same movement, it's not as easy, and there are things you just can't do. No matter what anyone says or argues, they are wrong.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Or how about comparing a controller to a Toyota Camry and a mouse/keyboard to a Nissan GTR. You can still do reasonably well with a Camry, you just have a lot of practice with it, whereas anybody can beat an average Camry driver in a GTR.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
I play PCs and consoles. If I'm sitting by myself I prefer the PC for the immersive and greater experience, better graphics, higher res, etc etc.

But most of the times I want to play videogames is when I'm entertaining company, they don't want to take turns playing PC games.
We play consoles because they have LOCAL MULTIPLAYER, and the 360 has many games that allow local and online multiplayer AT THE SAME TIME.
Seriously, that is the best feature, ever!
Some of you guys that bash consoles like they lose in every regard compared to PCs clearly must not have any friends that physically can sit on the same couch with you.

I know the PC is fully capable of local multiplayer, split screen, online split screen etc, but most developers ignore that market all together.
Personally I think PC developers should of embraced it and proven the PC is a better gaming platform and has no missing features.
Unfortunately that's not the case. Heck most cross platform games on consoles and PC have local multiplayer on the console only. Sure the resolution and graphics might be better on the PC, but my buddy on the couch can't play too. Its such a shame, with video cards with TV out (hdmi etc), and PC game pads, all PC games should come with the same local multiplayer options their console counterparts have.

Status
Not open for further replies.