Gaming on 32bit

darian2hunter

Honorable
Feb 24, 2015
My OS is only 32bit and i have bought gta v but have then found out that you need 64bit to play it, i'm not that bothered but is it really stupid to try and game on 32bit Win7? I know the RAM issue but i was hoping when Microsoft bring out windows 10 could i just upgrade to 64bit for free? are all games only 64bit compatible ? :'(

Solution

Yes you can put an OS on a USB.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3352054/how-install-windows-7-with-usb-flash-drive/

RobWHS

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

First get this (Download the free version) https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Run it and make sure you have a key then post back after it's been verified.
Don't post the key, just tell us what you have installed. Then we'll take it from there.

darian2hunter

Honorable
Feb 24, 2015
It has a windows 7 tab which saysWindows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
Product Part No.:******
Installed from 'OEM' media.
Product ID:*********** match to CD Key data
CD Key:*****-*****-*****-*****-*****
Computer Name: DAZZAH-PC
Registered Owner: ****
Registered Organization:

I put in the stars myself it has things that i think are important...?

RobWHS

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

You've done the right thing by adding the stars.

RobWHS

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

Once you'vedownloaded Windows 7 just double click the ISO and burn to a DVD.

Before you upgrade to Win 7 64 bit read this: You will have to back up your files first:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows#1TC=windows-7

Can I upgrade from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or from a 64-bit version of Windows 7 to a 32-bit version of Windows?

You can use the Upgrade option during Windows 7 installation, which preserves your files, settings, and programs, only if you're currently running a 32-bit version of Windows Vista and you want to upgrade to the 32-bit version of Windows 7. Similarly, if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows Vista, you can only perform an upgrade to a 64-bit version of Windows 7. For more information, go to Upgrading to Windows 7: frequently asked questions on the Windows website.

If you want to move from a 32-bit version of Windows to a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or vice versa, you'll need to back up your files and choose the Custom option during Windows 7 installation. Then, you'll need to restore your files and reinstall your programs. For more information about performing a custom installation, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7‍.

darian2hunter

Honorable
Feb 24, 2015
I don't care about any my files though i already have backed up what i need? does this matter?

Also, i type in my verification key and it says verifying key this may take several minutes but then just does nothing, it just goes away?

Not to mention it's a violation of the Tom's hardware guidelines. We don't want to precipitate somebody getting ahold of your personal information or product licensing data and releasing it into the wild.

RobWHS

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

Then you can go ahead and do a fresh install.

Verification as in Windows 7 verification?

If you have the key from the keyfinder you downloaded I suggest you write it down an keep it safe,

RobWHS

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

Yeah my bad Mr Mod. I should have told him that too. Fortunately he added the stars.

darian2hunter

Honorable
Feb 24, 2015
when i'm on Microsoft website i type in all parts for the first step and it does nothing?

And then this comes up - We encountered a problem with the product key you provided. Please visit the Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer to Message Code 715-123130.