Question Gaming PC Does Not Power Down Properly (Possible Motherboard Issue) ?

Aug 10, 2021
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI
Ram: 48 GB Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 3200 Mhz
SSD/HDD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB
GPU: AMD RX 5600-XT
PSU: Segotep 650W 80 Plus Gold
Chassis: Thermaltake View 71

My gaming PC I put together a couple of months ago does not properly power down. Whenever I try to turn off the PC from windows or the chassis power button, the PC will proceed to shut down normally. After the PC "shuts down" and the needle on the disk drive is parked, the case fans proceed to start spinning at full RPM and the RGB lights in the system stay on. The only way for the system to fully power down is for the power supply to be manually turned off. The system is still capable of turning on and booting properly. I have had a PC technician attempt to fix the issue, but they were unsuccessful. They believe it is an issue with the motherboard.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI
Ram: 48 GB Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 3200 Mhz
SSD/HDD: WD Blue SN550 NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB, Crucial MX500 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB
GPU: AMD RX 5600-XT
PSU: Segotep 650W 80 Plus Gold
Chassis: Thermaltake View 71

My gaming PC I put together a couple of months ago does not properly power down. Whenever I try to turn off the PC from windows or the chassis power button, the PC will proceed to shut down normally. After the PC "shuts down" and the needle on the disk drive is parked, the case fans proceed to start spinning at full RPM and the RGB lights in the system stay on. The only way for the system to fully power down is for the power supply to be manually turned off. The system is still capable of turning on and booting properly. I have had a PC technician attempt to fix the issue, but they were unsuccessful. They believe it is an issue with the motherboard.
I had a similar issue before and turning off fast boot solved it for me.

Just disable fast boot and it will probably fix your issue.

Do you have windows installed on SSD? There will be a slight difference in boot time without fast boot if you have installed the windows on SSD.

Aug 10, 2021
I have Windows installed on my SATA SSD. I tried disabling fast boot and it did not work. I also have flashed the bios to the latest version and the issue still persists.