Gateway 300S power supply

After 2 and 1/2 frustrating weeks trying to buy a power supply from Gateway.
I have given up and would like to replace the case with a Antec Solution
series case. I do not care about any lights working I just want the power
button to work. Where can I find the pin out on the motherboard for the
power button? Will I run into any other problems. I learned my lesson about
small form factor cases.

This is the motherboard.
Intel (Nimitz) Celeron - 2.0 GHz (400-MHz) R0
Part number 2517815

Tim,

Intel uses a pretty standard front panel pinout on its motherboards, except the
ones made for Dell. To be sure, RSVP with the BIOS identifier for the
motherboard and I should be able to point you to the specs on the Intel web
site... Ben Myers

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:24:33 -0400, "Tom Morton" <tommortonspam@adelphiaspam.net>
wrote:

>After 2 and 1/2 frustrating weeks trying to buy a power supply from Gateway.
>I have given up and would like to replace the case with a Antec Solution
>series case. I do not care about any lights working I just want the power
>button to work. Where can I find the pin out on the motherboard for the
>power button? Will I run into any other problems. I learned my lesson about
>small form factor cases.
>
>This is the motherboard.
>Intel (Nimitz) Celeron - 2.0 GHz (400-MHz) R0
>Part number 2517815

Unfortunatly the power supply is dead and I can not boot the computer.
The spec sheet lists this as the board.
Intel i82845GL System Board

> Tim,
>
> Intel uses a pretty standard front panel pinout on its motherboards,
> except the
> ones made for Dell. To be sure, RSVP with the BIOS identifier for the
> motherboard and I should be able to point you to the specs on the Intel
> web
> site... Ben Myers
>
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:24:33 -0400, "Tom Morton"
> <tommortonspam@adelphiaspam.net>
> wrote:
>
>>After 2 and 1/2 frustrating weeks trying to buy a power supply from
>>Gateway.
>>I have given up and would like to replace the case with a Antec Solution
>>series case. I do not care about any lights working I just want the power
>>button to work. Where can I find the pin out on the motherboard for the
>>power button? Will I run into any other problems. I learned my lesson
>>about
>>small form factor cases.
>>
>>This is the motherboard.
>>Intel (Nimitz) Celeron - 2.0 GHz (400-MHz) R0
>>Part number 2517815

SR

"Tom Morton" <tommortonspam@adelphiaspam.net> wrote in message news:Abydnc3Ly4g6RvzcRVn-qA@adelphia.com...
> After 2 and 1/2 frustrating weeks trying to buy a power supply from Gateway.
> I have given up and would like to replace the case with a Antec Solution
> series case. I do not care about any lights working I just want the power
> button to work. Where can I find the pin out on the motherboard for the
> power button? Will I run into any other problems. I learned my lesson about
> small form factor cases.
>
> This is the motherboard.
> Intel (Nimitz) Celeron - 2.0 GHz (400-MHz) R0
> Part number 2517815

Gateway's support page for your motherboard: http://support.gateway.com/s//MOTHERBD/INTEL/2517815/2517815nv.shtml

Click "Product Views" and then "Front Panel Connnector" to see the pinout. The power switch connects to pins 6 and 8.

Tom,

Try the specs downloadable from here:

http://support.intel.com/design/motherbd/sr/sr_prdoc.htm