Gateway 400SD4 LCD screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,

My laptop currently has some cracks in the screen and I'm looking for a new
LCD. Gateway told me they would take care of it for me for $699.. I don't
think I'll be paying that anytime soon. I can't seem to find the model I
need on Ebay currently either. It's an LG brand, model: LP141XB. Anyone know
a good place to find one or perhaps another model that I could substitute
for this one?

Thanks!

LP141XB eh... I've seen a lot of Compaq Presario's 1700 series that use
this screen, and eBay is the best source for them. Sometimes you have to
buy a whole top half of the compaq 1700 (the plastic enclosures, inverter,
cable, screen - the works) but try not to pay over $100 for the entire
thing and act like a tourist...

A lot of ebay sellers of these compaq 1700 parts don't know what the make
and model of the lcd is (since they're selling the entire top half), but
some do. So when you go looking on ebay, look for Presario 1700 LCD,
instead of LP141-blah-blah...

You'll find it, I'm sure.

redneckn909

Hello,

My laptop currently has some cracks in the screen and I'm looking for a new
LCD. Gateway told me they would take care of it for me for $699.. I don't
think I'll be paying that anytime soon. I can't seem to find the model I
need on Ebay currently either. It's an LG brand, model: LP141XB. Anyone know
a good place to find one or perhaps another model that I could substitute
for this one?

Thanks!

Hello you are looking for the screen to your laptop, for get about ebey. You don't
Have to look any farther. My name is Ian..... I have plenty of the screens .
The name of my business is called computer cellular repair. Where you located please
Contact me ccr2010@live.com. I will let you have the screen for.$65.00.