Question Gateway DX4860 Cannot update Bios

Apr 29, 2020
Hi. I am trying to update my BIOS to PO3.A3 so that I can update to an I7-3770 chip which I already purchased. Running Windows7. The instructions just say to click the Win_dos.bat icon and it will flash but it doesn't work from within windows. There is an exe file as well AFUWINx64.exe file which I attempted and that didnt' do anything. I tried booting into safe mode command prompt and installing from DOS with the BIOS_DOS.bat and got an error that it wasnt for 64 bit OS. I then tried to do the Win_dos.bat from command prompt and that gave a cannot run driver error. I cant find any solutions online and do not know what else to try. Any other ideas? Also, the two memory card slots closest to the CPU stopped working when I tried to upgrade my memory. I'm not sure what happened as Ive changed memory many times in the past, power was unplugged and I know how to insert the cards. Is there any chance that the BIOS flash may fix this? Thanks in advance.

Apr 29, 2020
I am not the only one who has had this problem as I've seen others online that have it but have not seen anyone with a solution to it. Any software coders want to check out the .bat file on the download? My son is learning coding and thinks the batch file is written incorrectly but was unable to make it work as he's 13 and self taught with online courses, so not experienced yet. For instance, it tries to run the AFUWIN file that isn't for 64 bit instead of the AFUWINx64 file. He also thinks the path to the ROM file in the .bat is incorrect. If anyone wants to help and analyze and maybe fix the file, you can download it from Gateway's website if you search for DX4860 desktop bios update on Gateway's website. I need the p03.A3 file.
There is the direct link to the download on Gateway's site.
https://global-download.gateway.com...Step3=DX4860&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=GATEWAY&SC=PA_6G

Any help would be greatly appreciated., Thank you.

Apr 29, 2020
i rewrote the .bat file so that it would pause between commands and I could see the errors. It says it cannot read the ROM file. I also edited the batch file to run AFUWIN64 instead of AFUWIN but same outcome. I was hoping someone on here would be willing to take a quick look. I'm sure there is a way to get this done.