Gearbox, Sega ''Lied'' With Aliens: CM Promo Media, Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Who pours beer into a glass full of ice? You're a weird dude, Kevin.[/citation]
[citation][nom]teaser[/nom]Shame on someone for putting ice in their beer...........[/citation]

If I had to drink beer, I'd drink it from a glass full of ice, that way there would be less of it and the icy cold would numb my taste buds.

As for the game, that's why you should never preorder anything.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
I think "glass of ice" was to mean "glass made of ice," not "glass full of ice." Iced beer is just silly. I mean, so is a glass made of ice, but not quite as much as iced beer.

Could be wrong, though.

Arls

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
I have ice glass molds in my freezer right now, also ice shot glass molds too. I like to drink.

No glass to clean....no empties to return.

On topic though, has GB or Sega officially made any kind of response?

AzureFlash

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
Fat guy in a blue shirt facepalming should start asking for royalties for each use of his picture...

I hope he asks for a small fortune, so you finally use something else.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
But if the part about being in the collapsing space bridge wasn't in the final game then why was it in the comparison video showing the early demo alongside the final game?

G

So glad I didn't pull the trigger on this one, had it marked on my to buy list only to catch the horrible feedback after release. Not even worth a bootleg play.

gilgamex

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
I never even heard of this game until the launch, I don't know why gearbox gets saddled up with such struggling titles nor accepts them

MaXimus421

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
So basically what we have here is a shitty game thats shittier than the shitty game that it was originally meant to be.

Seriously I am kind of astonished this game was so anticipated. The demo was clearly hype. And games/franchises like this will NEVER get the love and care it needs to become all it can be.

Why do ppl put any faith in gaming devs? The epics are simply too few and far between.

Fugget abou'd it.

bull22

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]If I had to drink beer, I'd drink it from a glass full of ice, that way there would be less of it and the icy cold would numb my taste buds.As for the game, that's why you should never preorder anything.[/citation]

Sounds like you've never tasted God's great gift that is called beer before. Or gotten preorder bonuses for that matter.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
this whole thing is a mess and sounds really shady. If I were to hire company X to work on a game, and then company X hires company Y to do it, instead of doing it 100% themselves, I think I would be entitled to sue the shit out of company X whom I paid to do the work. If I wanted company Y to make a game for me, I would have asked them directly.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
While I would not doubt that Sega played a role shifting all or even just a majority to them is just more dishonesty. Go ahead and look at the developers talking about the game. You can see the BS coming from their own mouths. I have been a fan of Gearbox's work since the Half-life expansion Opposing Force. I looked the other way with DNF, and shrugged it off. But this is inexcusable.

I don't even care that A:CM is a bad game, no one hits a home-run every time. But what I do expect and what is required for both my respect and my business is honesty. A damn shame that Gearbox has now lost both from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.