Gearbox Software to Finish Duke Nukem Forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Er, DNF is still in development 3DR didn't die they just shut-down, their parent company Apogee is still going fine, 3DR fired the internal development team but are completing the project with outside work, and Take 2 don't have the authority to contract gearbox to work on the game anyway (tho 3DR could and may be using them to complete it)

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]jamesedgeuk2000[/nom]Er, DNF is still in development 3DR didn't die they just shut-down, their parent company Apogee is still going fine, 3DR fired the internal development team but are completing the project with outside work, and Take 2 don't have the authority to contract gearbox to work on the game anyway (tho 3DR could and may be using them to complete it)[/citation]
Source?

yzfr1guy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
The title says it all, Forever!! This title has been forever in the works and if completed it's going to equal a 10 year old looking turd of a game. the graphics look like a cross between Tribes II and the mentioned Borderlands. I wouldn't even let my dogs pee on this game...

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Man, I wish people and the media would just ignore Duke Nukem stores and just assume it's a big lie. That's what it is, hence the name 'forever.'

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
So a Half life 2 clone? Coming in 2011? Maybe by then I will have forgotten about the original Half Life 2. Where are the strip club levels we were promised???

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Meh, too little too late now so... I don't expect much out of it.

How can it even compete against the likes of

-Halflife2, Metro2033 and so on... those are just 2 titles that I enjoyed out of a saturated market.

It has to be quite epic and with the help of that damn Title of Duke Nukem... it has a small chance but don't think they will make it into solid gold.

Trashit

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
If this does eventually happen it'll be awesome! Borderlands is up there on the list with my all time favourite games, and the humour in that game is right on par with good ol' Duke. Even if they just make a Borderlands with different skin you wont hear me complaining :)

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]This is kinda like Diablo 3. Gets delayed and drug along so much that you just start not to really give a frack anymore.[/citation]
Diablo 3 was announced in June 2008 with no official date of release set. So how you can even compare the game which was 10+ years in development and miss many release dates with Diablo 3 which is 2-3 years in development (typical for games esp of this caliber) and never even had a deadline???

Status
Not open for further replies.