Geforce 3: Which one?

G

Okay, I am awaiting the release the the new Geforce 3s. Both the Elsa Gladiac 920 and the Hercules Prophet III are going to sell at $549.99. However, the Visiontek Geforce 3 is going to sell at $399.99???!!!!!!!
Why is there such a large price difference? What's the difference between the Elsa/Hercules cards and the Visiontek? Also which Geforce 3 is going to be the fastest and buy how much? (not willing to pay extra $150 for very small peformance difference)
Which Geforce3 out there will be the fastest?

G

wait for someone to compare them, that is all you can do. Most likely the lower cost one will have slower mem.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
which one will be the fastest?
NOT the cheap one.
they use cheaper slower memory, with worse cas latencies,
reduce the Mhz of the chip itself (so they can use all the
"not so good" chips, inferior heatsinks/fans, and less options
such as tv out etc.
in this game, almost all the time money = performance.
except possibly for pentium4 lol

ThePoo!

G

Hehe, I guess you're right> The same thing happened with the TNT2 Ultra: A million manufacturers but only two could really make a TNT2 Ultra that wasn't clocked-down or limited by slow memory

G

Ok, assuming that Elsa doesn't put bad memory on their Gladiac 920s, I probably have it narrowed down to two choices: the Hercules Prophet III and the Elsa Gladiac 920 (Damn this is starting to get repetetive!!!!). Hmm, now I'll just have to wait and see......

chrisojeda

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Actually anyone who tells you that Nvidia based cards will have significant performance differences for a particular chip has not done their homework. They usually differ by just a few FPS (negligible). That is because specs that Nvidia gives manufactueres to make cards are very confined. All cards will fall in price to $385 to $450 (except for rip off retailers). There are too many manufactueres making geforce3 cards for them to sell for those crazy prices posted initially.

It worked yesterday! :lol: