[SOLVED] GeForce Game Ready Driver Installation Failed - EVGA 1060

Thatpkmtrainer

Honorable
Nov 21, 2016
My EVGA 1060 hasn't been able to install the latest Nvidia Drivers. I have never had anything like it happen before. Any Ideas? Anything is appreciated.

My Current Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/thatpkmtrainer/saved/Ht8Jf7

UPDATE: My GPU is no longer detected by Nvidia. Can't open Nvidia Control Panel. Games no longer able to detect GPU.

LHi50bM.png

Last edited:
Solution
Delete all the fails driver files on system C. Then reboot.
After login into windows, open task manager, make sure there is no nvidia service is running. After that, try to instal the driver.
Jul 9, 2020
Delete all the fails driver files on system C. Then reboot.
After login into windows, open task manager, make sure there is no nvidia service is running. After that, try to instal the driver.

Hi so im having the same problem, nothing related to Nvidia is even on my PC and nothing will work to install new drivers. My computer will not accept the fact that there is a GPU installed. This happened to my 1060 3gb that I had and I just got a 1660 so I know it isnt just my GPU that refuses to work.

Hi so im having the same problem, nothing related to Nvidia is even on my PC and nothing will work to install new drivers. My computer will not accept the fact that there is a GPU installed. This happened to my 1060 3gb that I had and I just got a 1660 so I know it isnt just my GPU that refuses to work.
Check on device manager - display adapter. Make sure the GPU is listed there.

Aug 9, 2020

hey did you find a fix? i have the same problem im now driverless

Jul 9, 2020
Yea, so I called some IT guys and they told me to go to Microsoft's website and get the tool to reinstall the OS. You can install it and keep all your stuff, but its apparently Microsoft's software fighting Nvidia. Just install the OS again restart and it should work.