[SOLVED] Geforce GTX 1060 6gb core clock always at 139Mhz

joshlev1s

Commendable
May 27, 2019
on standby or in game it doesn't change but when in game it says the gpu is running at 100% but im getting 20-30 fps in overwatch on medium settings

edit:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
RAM: 2x4gb
Graphics: Gainward Gtx 1060 6gb
CPU: Intel i5-4460 @3.20ghz
2 WD Blue HDD's

Last edited:
Solution
Its an Inter-Tech SL-500A 500 W ATX Power Supply

This PSU might be the culprit. Looks like some generic model, and an entry-level budget PSU. Not meant for heavy gaming loads, but for home and office system usage. Replace this PSU as early as possible.

Try to get some other high quality PSU, if possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

https://www.inter-tech.de/en/products/psu/atx/sl-500
Its an Inter-Tech SL-500A 500 W ATX Power Supply

This PSU might be the culprit. Looks like some generic model, and an entry-level budget PSU. Not meant for heavy gaming loads, but for home and office system usage. Replace this PSU as early as possible.

Try to get some other high quality PSU, if possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Solution

joshlev1s

Commendable
May 27, 2019

When I got the money I'll do so and if i remember I'll update the thread with results

When I got the money I'll do so and if i remember I'll update the thread with results

You need to change that PSU. The power supply might be cause of this problem, at least in my opinion. That PSU model, is not meant for heavy gaming loads, but for home and office system usage. Replace it as early as possible.

Why are you IGNORING my suggestion ?? I don't see any other reason for the low GPU clocks.

Try to get some other high quality PSU, if possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.