GeForce GTX 660 Ti Review: Nvidia's Trickle-Down Keplernomics

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, it should with some reduced settings.
You really should be asking this in the forms though...

WolfzillaPP

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
[citation][nom]rmpumper[/nom]That's strange - on techpowerup review the 660Ti is above 7950's average performance.[/citation]

It is strange, There's something fishy about that Techpowerup review, Almost every other review has results to the contrary. My friend has a 660ti and my 7950 performs better on every game we tried, even the games optimized for Nvidia . The test system they used must of had some kind of bias towards the 660ti and Nvidia in general. Or was it the system that was biased?

[citation][nom]WolfzillaPP[/nom]It is strange, There's something fishy about that Techpowerup review, Almost every other review has results to the contrary. My friend has a 660ti and my 7950 performs better on every game we tried, even the games optimized for Nvidia . The test system they used must of had some kind of bias towards the 660ti and Nvidia in general. Or was it the system that was biased?[/citation]

Maybe there was bias, maybe their testing methods simply don't favor AMD. I've read a lot about people saying that TechPowerup is a little biased towards Nvidia, but I'm not sure of exactly how it factors in myself. I suppose that maybe I could go look into the specific settings and such that they play the games in if I wanted to be more sure.

kiabobr

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
why are some of you guys complaining about the price?? here in Brazil a GTX 660 SC costs 1.000R$ ($500) and a GTX 690 is 4.500R$ ($2,250), it's very rare to find someone with a GTX 600 series...

sulumordna

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
I almost got a gtx 660ti but that 192bit nonsense turned me off. looked into a 670 too but the hd 7950 seemed a better price/performance deal. plus the 670 isn't to much better than 7950. I am happy with it. maybe when prices start dropping a little more I will pick a couple of 670s for sli or another 7950. not sure, but I do like physx

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I have a 660Ti and let me just say, it performs a whole hell of a lot better when you don't use so much damn MSAA. Why do you need so much of that? It makes absolutely NO difference. In Far Cry 3 I can't tell the difference between no AA and 8x AA, absolutely no difference. So the fact that this card is kind of lacking in memory bandwidth doesn't matter at all to me. Sometimes I can kind of tell a small difference in SOME games, but after 4xAA, you really can't tell a difference in any game. I don't know why they insist on ramping up AA for no reason at all.

And if you don't use lots of AA, then this cards 1344 cuda cores are just as powerful as a 670 and a good bit more powerful than a 7870, especially in well optimized benchmarks and games like 3DMark11 and Crysis 3. If they would have the Crysis 3 Benchmark up you would see that a 660ti out performs a 7950 and 7870. So I have no problems with this card.

The only problem I have is that it can't overclock worth a crap. But maybe I just got a fairly bad card. It still overclocks, just not like you would think as you would think it would. I can only go up to 1071 on the boost clock without it crashing games. But I still get good performance and 3D vision and PhysX and driver updates once every couple months are a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.