GeForce GTX 780 Already Announced in China; Official Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shankovich

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
So it's a light version of the Titan from what I can make out of it. If they price it around $600 there are going to be some pretty upset Titan customers.

nino_z

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I'd love a smaller brother of the titan for 500 bucks... More than that might be a bit too much for me. And let's face it - who needs that much power anyway?

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
don't think so. those buying the titan, wanted the best and were willing to pay the premium for it or price wasn't an issue for the extra fps. so far, its still the best single gpu solution out there.

j0ndafr3ak

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
yep I guess you're right. and there are going to be very happy customers like me who will get a little slower version of the titan for almost half the price..

redeemer

Distinguished
May 30, 2004
What gets me is the rumored 20% performance increase for a $200 premium over the GTX 680?? The Titan and GTX 780 owner can rejoice for a few more months until Volcanic Islands debuts. Hopefully Maxwell wont see any delays, since fabrication transitions seem be a thorn in their sides.

scritty

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I'll wait for real world performance figures - but the 770 looks completely out of place at this price point. With the 760Ti offering over 85% of the power for so much less. In comparison the 770 is a long way behind the 780 on all measurable production metrics for 75% of the price (not performance - I don't know performance obviously). The 780 or the 760Ti seem the choices here. For once the mid range looks like a stinker. Which given how good the 570 and 670 were in terms of value per dollar..that's a strange turn around.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
AMD did the right thing by discarding Sea Islands refresh for the desktop to wait for Volcanic Islands. Everyone knew Kepler got held back on the 600 Series because the lower end models slightly out performed AMD. The 700 Series is basically what the 600 should have been the same way the 500 Series was what the 400 Series should have been.
At this point might as well wait for AMD's 8xxx and Nvidia's Maxwell 8xx, which will most likely come within 6 months after AMD drops their brand new architecture at the end of the year. This really is just a milking of the 600 Series and Titan's success in the market.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
The pricing of the 770 makes me scratch my head a bit...the 680 can already be found for that price...maybe they upped the frequency? The price disparity between the 760ti and 770 seems too high.

lazykoala

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
These need to be priced at 299, 399, 499 to make any sense at all, otherwise it will be obvious they are just milking every dollar from this until AMD releases there response.

redeemer

Distinguished
May 30, 2004

The problem is the GK110 was never meant to be the GTX 600 series. Its funny that everyone moans about this saying "oh AMD could not compete and that Tahiti was too weak" this is why Nvidia pushed out the GK104 instead...absolute garbage.

yhikum

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Interesting that NVIDIA creating more products which cost more than their predecessors, at time of launch. Does it mean that there is more value in higher priced products? And compared to older products, does it offer anything new besides upped number of CUDA cores?

I'm interested to see if AMD is going to follow NVIDIA into price increases for their cards. This seems to be trend for both Intel and NVIDIA.

Also, if you observe price increases, you may relate to cost/value ratio since $500 would get you either high end monitor, or nice size LCD TV, or build of a computer. Since when prices are justified to be like this?

Jermaine Fields

Honorable
May 21, 2013
2GB - 3GB of memory! So is the Titan the new 680? How will this card perform as users move ultra HD monitors or two 2560 x 1440 monitors. I have hard of issues with three monitors at 1920 x 1080 because of inadequate memory. Seems to me that Nvidia just lowered the bar and upped the price on the 7xx family in my opinion.
Quote:
At this point might as well wait for AMD's 8xxx and Nvidia's Maxwell 8xx, which will most likely come within 6 months after AMD drops their brand new architecture at the end of the year. This really is just a milking of the 600 Series and Titan's success in the market.
I'll wait until then for a real upgrade.

GIJoeMyGoodness

Honorable
May 21, 2013
I really don't get it. I would still rather wait and see how the market reacts and how prices settle. History shows that GPU prices rise and fall with the market quite frequently. Regardless of what Nvidia starts with, the purchasing history will steer the cards on course to proper pricing. From there we can compare real performance differences to AMD, along with pricing.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Not bad, you now get a GTX680 for $450 instead of $500+. Basically everything got a hair cut is all. Titan owners like everyone who jumps the gun, shouldn't mind getting burned by being first adopters. This happens everywhere all the time. No shocker. Move along. These will sell well all the way to Q1 no doubt as Titan cleared the shelves for 2-3 months at $1000 and is only now in stock everywhere. I'm sure these will fire up top end sales for at least the next 6 months until we hear news of the 20nm versions coming.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

A GTX 680 is $500. The 780, if this is true is ONLY $100 more, not $200 and the 680 just got a $50 price cut called 770...LOL. What are you complaining about? Maxwell is Q1, not more than 3months after AMD releases as usual. Heck, they may push it up to piss them off. I would. Kick them while they're down in business and AMD is down as their drivers are STILL showing after a year+. Heck I'd put out an xmas rumor even if I couldn't make it just to halt AMD sales for xmas...LOL. Then again, I'm sure they can actually put it out if they want, they're just waiting on AMD to get their act together.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

Who cares? Less than 2% of the public uses above 1920x1200.
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
Go ahead and add up everything above this res. And ALL of those running there have more than ONE card. So this is a NON issue. In a lot of games above this you'll hit teens in fps, so you require TWO cards or you'll be jockying your cards res and in game features all day. Those resolutions and Multi-Monitors are what SLI and Crossfire were made for. No single card can push above 1920x1200 in ALL games maxed out at 30fps minimum. IMPOSSIBLE, until maybe 20nm (and I doubt that). You are complaining about a non-existent issue. BUY TWO CARDS (or 3 or 4...LOL). Open up the monitors section on that steam survey and add it all up. It breaks out all the numbers for you. Note 2560p is like .1%...ROFL. Can you see why NV isn't catering to these people yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS