News GeForce Now Will Support Cyberpunk 2077 On Launch Day

Why does your information regarding no Steam support conflict with what others are reporting including what Nvidia initially stated here? https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc.../343462/cyberpunk-2077-coming-to-geforce-now/

Because that was 10 months ago and things change. FYI, GoG is owned (I believe or at least partnered) with CD Projekt Red, hence why you can only run the GoG only version of CB2077 on GeForce now.

However, that could change in the future, this is all mainly for the launch, hopefully Nvidia opens up its cloud streaming platform to steam versions too.

Dec 10, 2020
"There are three categories you can sign up for. The first is the free version, which will limit you to one hour of game time per session. Also, you will be on low priority, meaning people who pay for the service will get access faster if there's heavy traffic on the platform.
If you pay for the "Founders" membership, that gives you priority access to GeForce Now servers, six hours of session time, and unlocked ray tracing support. For only $5.99 a month, I would highly recommend this option if you want a good Cyberpunk 2077 experience. Finally, there's the six-month Founders membership at just $24.95.
"

TomsHardware, you owe me $5.99. What you said above ("for only $5.99 a month, I would highly recommend this option if you want a good Cyberpunk 2077 experience") implies that for $5.99 a month I can get a good Cyberpunk 2077 experience, which in itself implies my getting access to Cyberpunk 2077. In the entire article you don't mention ONCE that additional $55 (or so) for the game license MUST be paid in addition to GeForce Now subscription fee in order to play Cyberpunk 2077.

Then there is this text : "Nvidia says that its GeForce Now cloud gaming service will support Cyberpunk 2077 on December 10th and it will work whether you buy the game through GoG, Steam or the Epic Games store. ". It doesn't mention that one HAS to buy the game as a hard prerequisite - it says only about possible options.

In the future I suggest TomsHardware consults own legal department (or gets one!) on every article you post. Legally, your article content is misleading and may convince readers that spending some money gives them access to something, that actually costs the $5.99 for subscription and 10 times more for game license.

Everyone else, please feel free to ridicule me - you're probably techies and know little about software product and software services licensing unless you get caught playing torrented version. I don't care.