[SOLVED] Generic GPU problem query

Jan 24, 2021
Hi all, I’m having issues with my graphics card (at least I think it is) and I could use some help. I’ll give you some background:

• up until a few days ago everything was working fine until I booted up my pc and I came to see that my screen resolution had changed
  • So I updated my graphics card and that seemed to fix it
  • Over the past two days my pc has black screened then restarted about 3 times
  • I checked the temperatures of my cpu, gpu and ram (I’m not exactly a pc expert so I was just doing anything it’s probably nothing to do with ram). Everything was/is fine
  • I was in the middle of playing cod and it happened again and that’s what lead me here to finally admit to myself that it’s a serious problem
But what confuses me is that I’ve barely had this graphics card for 2 years and I hardly ever overclock it. If I do it’s not extreme. Anyway, I’m just a bit confused and would appreciate any help. Here’s my specs:
  • Msi B450M Pro m2
  • Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4gHz
  • EVGA GTX 1660Ti XC
  • 2x16gb Corsair vengeance pro rgb @3200mHz
  • Adata XPG m.2 512gb ssd
  • Seagate 2TB hdd
  • Corsair RM750

Last edited:
Solution
What you're describing sounds like a failing power supply.
Check to make sure that your connections are all secure (power supply to graphics card/Graphics card to display).
Reseat the graphics card in the PCI-Ex16 slot of your motherboard, making sure that the expansion slot is free of dust.
If you have an older, lower powered graphics card available, install that into the system and test again to see if you experience the same problems.
If you have another power supply available to you (yours or perhaps a helpful friend), install that into your system and retest.
If you do have a helpful friend, you can also test your graphics card in their system.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Check to make sure that your connections are all secure (power supply to graphics card/Graphics card to display).
Reseat the graphics card in the PCI-Ex16 slot of your motherboard, making sure that the expansion slot is free of dust.
If you have an older, lower powered graphics card available, install that into the system and test again to see if you experience the same problems.
If you have another power supply available to you (yours or perhaps a helpful friend), install that into your system and retest.
If you do have a helpful friend, you can also test your graphics card in their system.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Unolocogringo
Solution
Jan 24, 2021

-Wolf sends
Ah okay, yeah I have all of those things (including a helpful friend). I'll try and keep you up to date about it. I appreciate the help :)