Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i want to see a few videos,

1 910 logitech, i believe thats their 1080p one
1 from what every uses this, same price range as the logitech
1 from the cheapest flip video that hits 1080p,
and
1 from a camcorder made for a decent consumer/prosumer market,

would love to see what this offers in comparison.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
[citation][nom]azncracker[/nom]So the USB 3.0 on my motherboard was useless up until now?[/citation]
I wouldn't say useless it is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices. Just weren't a whole lot of products out there that actually used the newer USB 3.0 standard. Kinda like software companies who refuse to make 64-bit versions of their programs, hardware companies can be skittish of new technology advances if there's not enough saturation in the marketplace. Although the software companies are just plain stupid since x64 based chips have been around for nearly a decade, with the OS being 64-bit for nearly as long.

drumsrule786

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011
[citation][nom]azncracker[/nom]So the USB 3.0 on my motherboard was useless up until now?[/citation]

Not at all! I have a USB 3.0 external backup drive and it seems as it were connected straight to my motherboard with SATA, its great. You can also buy super fast USB 3 flash drives, they're kinda pricey, but if you use them a lot it would be good.

[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]So no more laggy webcam footage?[/citation]
Oh, yes, even more so, now that there is more data to be sent through the same crappy internet connection.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
I would take compressed (hardware processed) 1080p at 60FPS over RAW 1080p anytime all time, everyday...
I really dislike the 30FPS with annoying motion blur, especially when the cam is sitting on a wobbly table.

pcxperp

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]such a waste when you pair it up with a slow internet connection....most braodband does not go over 60mbs[/citation]

I don't think that streaming the video directly from the camera is the point. The video would first be transcoded to a more internet friendly format and bitrate, but the higher quality source material = higher quality transcodes.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]i want to see a few videos, 1 910 logitech, i believe thats their 1080p one1 from what every uses this, same price range as the logitech1 from the cheapest flip video that hits 1080p, and1 from a camcorder made for a decent consumer/prosumer market, would love to see what this offers in comparison.[/citation]
Flip video is gone. The best they made was 720p. Bitrate could be more important than 720p vs 1080p. How aggressive the compression is.

That many chips will make any camera based on this expensive.

Just go with a 1394b device and call it a day. Lower bandwidth but the interface is specifically made for transmission of fast video streams, you'd get better quality in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.