Geometry distortion

pinrut

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2002
Can different video cards generate different geometry results on a given monitor, or will the output generate consistent images? I ask because, after having gone through two Samsung 900NFs in search for one with tolerable distortion, I finally have one that is somewhat acceptable. Unwilling to do any more swapping, I'm searching for alternatives. Lastly, will the use of a BNC to HD15 cable alter the geometry of an image?

GoSharks

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Geometric distortion is a monitor phenomenon. The video card cannot change the geometry of the display nor will the type of input connector. Running at resolutions that are not in the monitors memory will cause geometric distortion, however you should be able to use the monitors controls to straighten everything out.

Magnetic interference can also cause distortion or tilted images. Even the earth’s magnetic field can cause this phenomenon. For example: Some manufacturers have two different types of the same model depending on where in the world it gets shipped, primarily northern or southern hemisphere.

Jim Witkowski
Chief Hardware Engineer
Cornerstone / Monitorsdirect.com

<A HREF="http://www.monitorsdirect.com" target="_new">MonitorsDirect.com</A>