Get Ready For 'Mass Effect: Andromeda' With The PC Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Soo... they're just getting really bad a porting console games now?

Graphics are not impressive in this game... infact I'd go so far to say that the weapon fx and explosions are underwhelming.

norune

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010
Can't say I'm impressed.
The Mass Effect games started good and endend as an dissapointment for me, same has been for the other games in their series such as Dragon Age 1, 2, 3.
The company has gone from making impressive Rpg's to mediocre games for everyone and their dog, thus not appealing to the ones they did before...

king3pj

Distinguished

Considering that the minimum GPUs are a a 660 or 7850 this comment is kind of weird to me. If the game actually runs properly on GPUs that old I'd say the optimization is pretty great.

As for the recommended specs, they don't seem unreasonable. I'm not sure when everyone decided they needed to max every graphics slider on every game with their 3 year old GPUs or the game is crap.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

no but they will include plenty of bugs that have not been qc at all including lack of support for sli or crossfire configurations. I mean why would anybody be needed that when consoles only have one GPU.

dstarr3

Distinguished

It's almost like consoles are holding the industry back...

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Consoles are holding back the industry, devs can`t push the limits in the games because they have to conform to the limited hardware inside consoles, they are also blocked from making the games look terrible on consoles and great on PCs ... remember WatchDogs and their dumbed down graphics on purpose ...

Add on top of this Gimpworks and you get a total mess on PC... 2017 we are still pushing out DX11 games.

With how long game development cycles take, I wouldn't expect 100% widespread DirectX 12 adoption until late this year at the earliest, more probably 2018. Developers don't want to spend extra money adding a new graphics API late in the development cycle, and usually don't want to support multiple APIs if they can help it. DX 11 does allow people still on Windows versions earlier than 10 to play, so a lot of developers will stick with it for a while until they are satisfied that Windows 10 market share is high enough that they can drop support for Windows 7 and 8.1. Vulkan does allow more flexibility when it comes to OSes, but it's probably going to end up like OpenGL where no major developer supports it aside from Id and maybe Blizzard.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
Really sad when the neatest feature of a motherboard is its lights.....

So sick of the light craze in hardware. I want neat hardware, not lights!

Take off all the rgb crap and add an extra power phase or 2(better overclocking/longevity). Or take off the rgb crap and use better/bigger/more caps(better overclocking/stability/longevity). Or take off the rgb crap and use a more expensive audio chip. Or take off the rgb crap and use better heat sinks on the power phases, or anything else on the board that gets hot. Or anything else that will actually do something useful for the computer itself.

sephirotic

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2009
No one takes seriously minimun requeriments anymore. 8gb ram minnimun is just a joke with a graphics card with 2gb of vram what are the other 4gb? Sounds? Physics models? Kek

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I love all the whining about "consoles holding us back". If devs want to focus on the PC market exclusively, no one is forcing them not to. However, the PC market ain't as lucrative as the PC + console market.

We're not the only focus, suck it up.

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

there was never a mention of forcing exclusively on a market. It is no surprise why devs focus mostly on consoles. More like only consoles and hold PC gamers as second class citizens. But they think they are making us feel better by giving us small perks like uncapped FSP and just a bit more drawing distance. Why don't you just bend me over and lub me up while you are at it.

Tell me exactly which console is playing at 4k? how many games are being played at 1440p? Mass effect on xbox can barely pull it off at 900p @ 30fps. Sorry but that is shameful. Not to mention the lack of support of any major gaming company working the both nVidia and AMD to have SLI/Crossfire support from day one is also ridiculous. I wonder why is that? how many consoles do you know that have two graphics cards? Right none... so why should devs try harder to work with nVidia and AMD to get something like that to work at all.. just pass the buck on cause it is not there problem. It works well on a console so why put anymore time into it for PC.

So while we have GPU in the pc market that can push 4k gaming now... where are the visuals, the dynamic range and the immersiveness at actually playing in 4k? or how about 1440p? Right... stuck at the graphical textures and setting of consoles because devs are just not focused on PC market. PC market to them is just some more cream on the cake they are focusing on baking. So yes... for the most part PC market is being held back because of the consoles.

It is true we are not the only focus.. but right now... we are not even on the radar anymore... we are just here.

Status
Not open for further replies.