Get Ready for the Next Windows 10 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
I done care bout this Windows 10 erpdates. I am sticking with Windows 7, my Nokia 638, 88 Ford Tempo, VCR, paper atlas, and Nixon will always be my President.

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I would really enjoy it if windows would remember my color profiles for all 3 of my screens. Pretty much every time I sit down at my computer, I have to reapply my ICC profiles.

InvalidError

Titan

Windows has been kind of retarded in that way with the awkward mix of mouse+keyboard 'legacy' configuration tools and the new touch-oriented UI elements starting with Windows 8. As much as I'd like to keep desktop Windows optimized for mouse+keyboard instead of the heaps of wasted screen space needed to mitigate the likelihood of mis-taps on touch, I expect touch-centric UI elements to become increasingly prevalent over time to the point that a touch-screen may eventually feel like a necessity.

Nintendork

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Meanwhile the only way to fix thumbnail cache from resetting is spending 30-60mins editing registry, take ownership of some system files, disable some task scheduler things and finally rename the clean tool file.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/stop-windows-auto-deleting-thumbnail-cache-revised/5d09ef73-7777-4d59-8e47-965379fb91f0

10 years, and no simple fix for this, you pick to not clean thumb cache on disk cleanup and will do it anyways hidden from you at some random point.

toesis

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
i want a Pc that i dont have to shut down 2x a week . it asking me hourly to shut down every hour on the hour. cany my PC wait like every 14 days i need my PC.

hannibal

Distinguished
Hmm... the win10 has been the most stable Windows build I have ever used... so interesting to see what this upgrade does bring.
The biggest problem with win10 is the legasy support, because of that the settings Are divided too Many places and that is indeed a Mess, untill that legasy support is dropped. And that would mean that Many old programs would just stop working.. so that is why the win10 is between old and new and that is somewhat bad.
I almost hope for somekind of dual boot to win10. The legasy mode for old programs and slimmed down new mode that only support programs that follow new rules.
Less bloat that way and Also cleaner ui where everything in settings would be found from one place! That could actually make the Windows Also faster and less resource hog!

alextheblue

Distinguished

Just throw your computer out, it's too complicated. Try a nice iPad. Or you could Paypal me $50 and I'll gladly walk you through the drag and drop process- OOPS! I gave it away for free. Damn.

InvalidError

Titan

Or r-click the thing you want in the start menu and click "Pin to Taskbar", no dragging required.

termathor

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2015
"The only thing Microsoft shared is that we can expect a Shared Clipboard tool, which enables you to share items across multiple devices, and a new version of the Notepad application."

Wow, a new notepad ! Surely people will be all over the place with this !
ROFL

Sep 3, 2018
I hope whatever latest update doesn't kill my networking. I still haven't been able to use anything from Fall Creator or newer because apparenty it destroys all semblence of networking and can't connect to the internet unless I uninstall. Not fun

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Wow, I think im the only one loving the changes Windows 10 is bringing.

My computer is on 24/7 and only restarts after patch Tuesday which is every second Tuesday of the month. But the again I didn't go with the cheap version of Windows 10 where I can t control that option.....1 restart a month.

The only thing I don't like about Windows 10 is that its had to find advanced settings in things like control Panel. Like if I want to assign a static IP its one clicks to many just to get to that box. Its too many chicks to get to the network adapters page.

Status
Not open for further replies.