[SOLVED] Getting bad scores on memory benchmarks what could be the problem and what could be the solution?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
I currently have 32GB of Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz RGB RAM. I have tried to Benchmark my memory with PerformanceTest and it says my results are in the 28th percentile which is crazy. Its 1600mhz and dual channel and thats how its being read so i have no clue what the problem is. Its set as XMP in my bios and being read correctly . So i cant figure out what the problem is with my memory? They in the right slots too. So what else causes RAM to score so badly in a benchmark test? Its a good name brand, fast speed and a good amount of RAM at 32GB. Im really stumped. I dont really notice any speed problems but at the same time i dont do anything too crazy that would require a lot of RAM . I have tried other benchmark software not too long ago and got a bad score on their too. So any help anybody can offer id greatly appreciate it.

Solution
horrible. no matter what kit of ram i install and no matter what slots i put them in it either wont post or i get horrible benchmark scores. i just installed a new kit that was 4000mhz and could only get it to post at 3800mhz and still get a horrible benchmark in multiple different benchmark programs.

And still, you are at 2 sticks in dual channel, in a quad channel motherboard.

And still, you are worrying about benchmarks instead of actually using your PC.

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
horrible. no matter what kit of ram i install and no matter what slots i put them in it either wont post or i get horrible benchmark scores. i just installed a new kit that was 4000mhz and could only get it to post at 3800mhz and still get a horrible benchmark in multiple different benchmark programs.

USAFRet

Titan

And still, you are at 2 sticks in dual channel, in a quad channel motherboard.

And still, you are worrying about benchmarks instead of actually using your PC.

Solution

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
i wouldnt worry if it was slightly off but in every benchmark its the lowest score you can get and even suggest that i dont have xmp enabled. what should my ram speed be? how many mb/s? i have 32gb of 3200mhz and 32 gb of 4000mhz but can only get it to post at 3800mhz. on a couple benchmark tests it says the speed of the ram so what should my speed be around?

USAFRet

Titan
i wouldnt worry if it was slightly off but in every benchmark its the lowest score you can get and even suggest that i dont have xmp enabled. what should my ram speed be? how many mb/s? i have 32gb of 3200mhz and 32 gb of 4000mhz but can only get it to post at 3800mhz. on a couple benchmark tests it says the speed of the ram so what should my speed be around?
Mixing RAM?

Getting it to run at the speed of the slowest is the best result possible.

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
no not mixing ram. I have tried 3 different kits of ram. i would like to know what should the speed be around for each kit? i have one kit that is 32gb of 3200mhz ram and another one that is 32gb of 4000mhz ram but i can only get it to post at 3800mhz so what should each kits speed be around for mb/s? i have a few different programs that test and show what my ram speed is so what speed should it be at?

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
Mixing RAM?

Getting it to run at the speed of the slowest is the best result possible.

so if i shouldnt worry about benchmark scores then what should my ram speeds be around so i know if they are performing anywhere near what they should be. like i said i have 1 kit with two 16 gb 3200mhz sticks of ram and another kit with two 16gb 4000mhz sticks with everything running at 3200mhz in the bios. quad channel is active. what speed should my ram be running at how many mb/s?