Question Getting brightness and lag issues during WHII Total War on a GS63 7RD Stealth Laptop

Jan 20, 2019
So a new issue has popped up with my GS63 7RD Stealth Laptop laptop that I'm having trouble figuring out. Whenever I load up Total War Warhammer II, my screen starts to dim/rebrighten constantly and every time it does this it just chops the framerate of the game horribly, to the point where I don't have complete control over my forces. The game recently had a new update though I've had a few days with it already with no prior issues like this.

I've restarted, verified game file integrity, installed the newest drivers. This has made the problem somewhat more bearable but it's still persistent. I have yet to try other games since this issue started but I've never had this problem before, both with this game or any other. Adaptive brightness is turned off so I don't think that's the problem.

I think the issue may be video related, tho I'm certain some new update which I most likely wasn't privy to screwed this thing up. Not much has changed since the game was running smoothly, tho I am using a different power cord for the moment (as I forgot the original at a place which I'll be returning to in the near future) and also using a hand me down laptop cooling unit which requires a USB plugin.

Just thinking of any changes that may have caused this really, any other ideas?

Jan 20, 2019
Ok just tried this with Tekken 7, another graphically intensive game. The dimmer/framerate issue is happening there too so this is a problem with the comp.....please help!