Question Getting "Kernel-Power 41" errors and "EventLog 6008" errors and don't know how to diagnose ?

Apr 5, 2024
For a good while now, when playing reasonably high intensity games (such examples are Sekiro, Doom Eternal, Helldivers 2), and even occasionally working in Unreal engine, my PC goes black, says it doesn't detect any HDMI input, before restarting. I have done the caps-lock test and no input works. When checking event viewer, it spits up a Kernel 41 error, with either 0 or false in all categories, and an EventLog 6008 error just before it

See this CPU-Z link for my specs: https://valid.x86.fr/yspi64

Any help appreciated!

ubuysa

Distinguished
Please go to the folder C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports and look in there AND in ALL sub-folders for dump files (.dmp). Upload any that you find to a cloud service with a link to them here.

This folder is where Windows writes dumps for failures from which it's able to recover. Typically this recovery causes a crash to the desktop of the problem app. These dumps might well reveal a pattern in your failures.

FWIW the event 6008 and 41 errors really just indicate that Windows was not shutdown properly, they tell you nothing about why. We may ask for the logs at some later point so be sure not to clear them.

Apr 5, 2024
Please go to the folder C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports and look in there AND in ALL sub-folders for dump files (.dmp). Upload any that you find to a cloud service with a link to them here.

This folder is where Windows writes dumps for failures from which it's able to recover. Typically this recovery causes a crash to the desktop of the problem app. These dumps might well reveal a pattern in your failures.

FWIW the event 6008 and 41 errors really just indicate that Windows was not shutdown properly, they tell you nothing about why. We may ask for the logs at some later point so be sure not to clear them.
USBHUB3 - one drive link, the only folder in the live kernel reports folder

ubuysa

Distinguished
All those live kernel dumps are caused by a failure to enumerate a UISB3 attached device...
Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  LKD_0x144_USBHUB3_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE_UsbHub3!TelemetryData_CreateReport
Device enumeration happens when a USB device is plugged in or power on. It involves determining the type of device, it's characterises (speed etc.) and creating the data structures to represent the device in Windows. That this is failing for a USB3 device indicates either that there is a flaky device plugged in or the driver for the device is flaky. Check that the drivers for all your USB3 devices are up to date.

Depending on what USB3 device this is, it may or may not, be the cause of your black screens.

Apr 5, 2024
I have tried checking for updates and un/reinstalling all usb devices und the USB controllers setting in device manager, but im still getting crashes. Ive also noted that all the dump files were created back in March, and not recently

TRENDING THREADS