[SOLVED] Getting Nivida 2070 super over rx5700xt

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
I'm currently not happy with my RX5700XT and considering refunding it and getting the 2070 super or a 2060 super. Is the 2070 super worth £100 more in performance cooling do you think? as the RX5700XT runs very hot and undervolting it helps but I experience crashing with this. Even with 200 mv undervolt card still reaches 96 peak junction temperatures... Which makes me think this card won't last very long running like this. Also will i be able to use freesync with a 2070 super or 2060? Im also looking at 1080 ti's. Or any cards you recommend.

Solution
RTX series should be able to use FreeSync as long as your FreeSync monitor isn't one of the worst FreeSync monitors being sold. Most of them are good enough that they work, but some monitors just won't work with it.

Not sure about which direction you should go though; if you have a blower-style 5700XT then you should have understood that it will run at those temps. If you don't like it and don't care about losing money (not entirely, but it will cost you more) then go for the RTX. The 2070 Super is a good card.
RTX series should be able to use FreeSync as long as your FreeSync monitor isn't one of the worst FreeSync monitors being sold. Most of them are good enough that they work, but some monitors just won't work with it.

Not sure about which direction you should go though; if you have a blower-style 5700XT then you should have understood that it will run at those temps. If you don't like it and don't care about losing money (not entirely, but it will cost you more) then go for the RTX. The 2070 Super is a good card.

Solution
All I can say is the RTX 2070 Super is a very good GPU and most from the majors MSI and EVGA are my picks as they run cool and all boost near to the 2000's regardless of what it says on the box. If you are unhappy, then once that feeling starts it's very hard to get rid of.... Go get the RTX 2070 Super as you will not be disappointed provided you get your full refund on the 5700XT....

The 2060 Super would be step down as would the 1080Ti...When it comes to GPU's get the very best you can afford as it will last a lot longer...

Reactions: kingbowcat

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Yeah it's well within my range and I believe it uses less power? And concerning my monitor it's a budget EQ 144hz 1ms screen costing only £200 so probably won't work.

There are the partner Rx 5700 xts like the gigabyte one which is 40 £ more so 350£ and 2070 super for me is 400£. So you guys would prefer the 2070s over partner xt? If cost wasn't an issue.