Getting Occasional Memory _Management on new computer-Windows 10

apkochheiser

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Hello, so I just built a new computer using my old drives and sometimes when I start the computer up for the first time, I get the BSOD error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, it then restarts just fine and runs as it should. Checking the logs it appears as though Im getting a Kernel error 41. Ive updated drivers, and even did a fresh install of Windows 10 when I was transferring my drives to the new hardware. Is this something I just have to live with or should I be actively trying to fix the problem? Any help would be awesome thanks guys.

PC Specs:
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080
Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI x470 Gaming M7 AC Motherboard
2x8GB Ballistix 2400 RAM
128GB Sandisk SSD
2TB Hitachi HDD
600W EVGA Bronze PSU

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Download memtest86 and test your memory.

Kernel Power 41 is caused when the system unexpectedly cuts power. HOWEVER, bad memory can cause that type of reboot. It can also be caused by a PSU problem, but being you are seeing this BSOD, the memory may be more likely culprit.

apkochheiser

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

So I did the memtest and it said everything was fine. I went into my BIOS and noticed that one stick is registering as 2133 while the other is still at 2400. And I'm not sure if this matters but in CPU-Z its showing both my DRAM Frequency and NB Frequency at 1199.3 MHz. I also did the Windows 10 Memory Troubleshoot and it told me that it found no errors.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

How long did you run the memtest for?

Also it definitely should not register like that. You have them in the correct slots for Dual channel as per your motherboard manual?

apkochheiser

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

I clicked the 'extended' option when I ran memtest.
And yes, they are definitely in the slots my motherboard specified for only running dual channel

apkochheiser

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

Changed the channels and had the same issue

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Ok lets try individual ram sticks, see how they come up in the BIOS.

apkochheiser

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

So I think I found the issue, I tried individual RAM sticks and one of them provided me with no errors, while the other would give me grief while trying to boot. It appears to just be a faulty RAM stick unfortunately. It is unfortunate with current RAM pricing but not the end of the world. I will run the single channel for now and post any updates should they occur.

Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS