Getting Physical With Razer: First U.S. RazerStore Opens In SF On May 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I don't know if it would be profitable for them to have an area display inside existing stores like Best Buy. I had to rely on video reviews and third party information to decide on purchasing a Razer Blade. The 970m version had great specs and I didn't like any of the new Alienwares so I took a chance. Fortunately it turned out to be a fantastic bit of kit and no issues to date. This is very telling considering I was one of the first to order the new series when it came out.

adam non

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Brands like Razer and Alienware either expand into a (fast growth) market or get left behind because of the cost of continuous technology advances (e.g. GTX1080) and lower cost of entry (for competitors and for first time customers, e.g. the "new" users attracted to VR ... imagine the number of people get VR for the next gift-giving season ...)
By having a bricks and mortar store front Razer goes from "if you know what you're doing, you by a 'real' computer" to "I tried it and it was obviously better, so I paid more, but I got a computer that works." That's the single pushback I hear "I need to use it and I tried in that chain store but it was not set up properly, the people there didn't know anything, I waited forever for their "game guy" to come, but he was selling a big screen TV to a married couple asking about their house decor." etc.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Razer have become a no go company after wanting me to register a synapse account just to get the frigging drivers for a mouse... would hardly be surpricing if the customers have to register/log in before allowed entry to the store where they sell their overpriced plastic garbage.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Have to register for synapse account to gain entry to the store? Just like downloading a frigging mouse driver? Razer have become a no go company after that stunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.