Question getting rid of a old printer, is there any sensitive data or stuff that has to be deleted?

Aug 27, 2023
hi, I am new to this forum so sorry if this question is not valid in this section

I have a old printer that I want to get rid off, but I want to know if there is any sensitive data in the printer that has to be deleted first

the printer its a canon pixma mp495, I plugged it into the PC and it seems to recognize it, it appears in the prints and scanners configuration menu, dont know if it still works properly, hasnt been used in years

from what I have searched in the internet, only printers with a hardrive contain stored data, this model dont seem to have it according to a user manual I downloaded on the internet, this model is suppossedly compatible with sd microcards but I havent seem it have any port of it so I guess it doesnt have one, and I allways remenber it being used plugged it into a PC, thought it was used by other family menbers and dont know if they used those microcards but as I mentioned before it dont seems to have it

also if there was any data storage it would shown when plugged into the PC right? like when you plug a pen drive or something like that right?

so I would like to know if there is any sensitive data that may be left, like from scanned or printed documents, or if there is any data from the PCs it was plugged into or whatever, and how to clear that data safetly

EDIT: forgot to mention that this printer has wifi but I have never used it, its that relevant to the question?

Last edited:

Latest posts