Getting some artifacting on new GPU?

lazer-man16

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Forgive me for the long text but I want to make sure I don’t miss anything. I recently upgraded to a brand new 1080ti about two weeks ago. Everything was running without a hitch until just yesterday. I noticed some artifacting in the menu screen for Black Ops 4, there were blinking pixels in the menu screens. The weird thing is that once the actual gameplay started there were zero issues. But as soon as I got a cutscene or a menu screen it would come back. I went back to windows and noticed that it was happening in the taskbar and windows menu too. Same thing, blinking pixels. It didn’t do it on the main screen, just the menus and taskbar. I opened up chrome and there were white spots appearing randomly everywhere, even blocking some of the text. Also YouTube videos would have green dots blinking everywhere on just the video portion of the screen. I booted a few games and had the same issue of the menus being weirded out, but the actual gameplay being fine. Things really got weird when I booted Overwatch and the main menu screen flipped out and turned completely black in certain areas. I knew there was a problem and tried fixes from reinstalling drivers, restarting, rolling back drivers, scanning for issues, etc. but to no avail. The temps were fine too, with the GPU never going above 70° C even in demanding games. I started to suspect the GPU itself was the issue and decided to reinstall my old 1070. I did that and all of these problems went away. I reinstalled the 1080ti and the problems returned. I may have just answered my own question, but does it look like my new GPU is defective? I’m still able to get it replaced so should I just get started with that process? I guess I’m skeptical because wouldn’t it show problems in the first week or so if it was faulty? I should also note that I didn’t overclock at all. It is superclocked but I made no efforts to overclock it.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Other specs:
I7-6700k
16gb RAM
600w PSU

Solution
It is possible to update the GPU BIOS, but it is tricky. Since it is new, I would return the card and get a new one (if you still can). Depending upon where you purchased it from , you have up to a 30 day return period.