Question GF's PC went into hibernation and now it's saying no signal on the monitor, nothing wakes the computer up. Any ideas?

Dec 7, 2023
First of all, she has some shitty prebuilt with 1 stick of RAM.

I'm not exactly sure what the CPU is, it may be a 2400G or 2600E. I remember it being in that realm of CPUs with a letter at the end.

I believe she has a 1650 GPU and some type of B450M motherboard. Sorry I can't remember the exact specs. And yeah, the PSU is also shit.

Anyway, the PC was operating as normal, then it went into hibernation while she was away from it, and upon returning, nothing worked. No signal to the monitor. She tried different monitors, tried swapping cables, reseating the RAM, cleaning the RAM, connecting HDMI to motherboard, turning off the power, disconnecting everything and waiting, etc. nothing has worked so far. She's said this has happened before but it turned back on after a reset. Windows 11.

Sorry for the lack of information, I know this post sucks, but it's all I got. I tried helping for hours but I'm not physically there so it's tough. What would randomly cause such a thing? Why did sleep mode do this? Any idea where to go from here? Kind of just desperate for any information or recommendations.

I would unplug Pc from wall, hold down the power switch for 20 seconds to discharge power supply.

Have her remove the coin size battery on the motherboard for 10 minutes. Tell her to be careful not to break the battery holder on motherboard. Lots of light and be careful.

After the 10 minutes put battery back in and and plug back in wall and test.

If all goes good and she gets it running go to power options in control panel and turn off sleep for monitor and PC set for never sleep.