Gigabyte 1 long 2 short

Youaremad

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
I've had my Gigabyte motherboard for almost two years now and it just started this beeping. I know it means a graphics card issue, but what I don't understand is what could be my problem exactly. My computer tower fans aren't running when I turn on the computer, so I was thinking that maybe I don't have enough power getting through to some of the parts of my motherboard. The other option was that my motherboard is half shot. What is your opinion? Is it more likely to be my power output or my motherboard?

Solution
Most of the time if its a motherboard issue the fans still will spin up up but you won't hear any beeps. Try taking out all of the memory until you only have one stick. If it doesn't post again swap out for the other stick and try again. If that fails disconnect all of the cables that are not needed. Just leave the cable connected to your monitor, power supply, and your keyboard. If that doesn't work take out your video card and disconnect all of your hard drives and optical drivers from the system. If that doesn't work find some sort of box or ever a wood cutting board and place your system on top with just only the motherboard, processor,heatsink, power supply hooked up. After that take out the cmos battery for about 1 full minute and...

lfkfkfkffs

Admirable
Most of the time if its a motherboard issue the fans still will spin up up but you won't hear any beeps. Try taking out all of the memory until you only have one stick. If it doesn't post again swap out for the other stick and try again. If that fails disconnect all of the cables that are not needed. Just leave the cable connected to your monitor, power supply, and your keyboard. If that doesn't work take out your video card and disconnect all of your hard drives and optical drivers from the system. If that doesn't work find some sort of box or ever a wood cutting board and place your system on top with just only the motherboard, processor,heatsink, power supply hooked up. After that take out the cmos battery for about 1 full minute and then put the cmos battery back into your motherboard. If that doesn't work try smelling the power supply for a sulfur smell. That normally is the smell of leaking or bad caps.

Solution