Question Gigabyte 1660 super - Grinding sound

Lutfij

Titan
Sounds to me like the bearing on the fans might've ceased. Might want to inspect the fans and the gap between the fan's motor housing and fan blade for any dirt or debris. Does the fan stop working at any other point of time(i.e, fail to keep the card cool)?

Dec 3, 2021
Sounds to me like the bearing on the fans might've ceased. Might want to inspect the fans and the gap between the fan's motor housing and fan blade for any dirt or debris. Does the fan stop working at any other point of time(i.e, fail to keep the card cool)?
Nope. The fans work fine while they're running. I am using msi afterburner and just keeping them on with a different curve.

Dec 3, 2021
Pulled the fans out and checked them for gunk. Did some Google image searching and everything looks normal, I don't know. It's too late to RMA this card so I'm just going to buy replacement fans.

Dec 4, 2021
Hi! What a coincidence, I have the exact same card and same issue you do. For now I'm using MSI afterburner to set fan curve with minimum fan speed of 40%. I'd like to stay updated on if replacing the fans fixes the issue for you and maybe i'll do the same. Thanks.