Gigabyte 7NNXP - Chip fan not working, please help

troymca

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2003
The North Bridge/Chip fan on my Gigabyte 7NNXP motherboard is not functioning. When I check EasyTune 4 to monitor hardware it shows that the fan is going at 0 RPM and says "Warning, system fan at 0 rpm".
I've checked inside the case and it hasn't been working at all.
I'm also under the impression that it is controlled by temperature - but this means it runs at a low speed when it isnt required as much, but mine isnt running at all.
I've checked the NB connector and its in properly, and the wires are in the right contacts.

This is what EasyTune is showing:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/324234/systemfan0rpm.gif

and I have confirmed that the fan isnt working by checking with the case off.

Also - the NorthBridge fan is the gold one with in the center (says Gigabyte agp 8x) : http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20030721/images/gigabyte-board.jpg

Any help would be great.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by troymca on 08/08/03 05:32 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

JP5

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
Well if you're not having stability problems, you could leave it passive. Or you could pull it off and put on one of those Zalman passive chipset heatsinks.

Or try plugging another 3 pin fan into the fan header to see if it is getting voltage. If header is working, buy another chipset fan if you want to.

troymca

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2003
Thanks, but I just found a solution and it worked.

It included: uninstalling Easytune, shutdown, AC power off, AC power on, Startup. Fan works.

thanks

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
doesn't the gigabyte fan shut off when not needed...one of the brands has a board that completely shuts off the fan...hmmm....

Touch the heatsink if it is not too hot leave it...if not get a cheepo 50mm fan and slap it on there...it wont look as good but then again...who cares...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:

shinku0

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2003
yeah you are right. i have a GA-8IPE1000 Pro mobo and easytune4 reads warning for cpu, power, and system fan. cpu reads 2400rpm, power 0 rpm, system 0 rpm. however, when i start my machine the nb_fan works but once windows is loaded the fan shuts down. i dunno if its suppose to do that or what and i am really not liking the warning easytune4 is displaying...going to call gigabyte tomorrow and find out what the problem is

Lian-Li aluminum case w/ side window
400w power supply
ABIT IC7 mobo
P4 2.4cGhz (800 FSB)
512MB DDR Corsair XMS
ATI Radeon 7500
30GB WD 7200
CD-RW
DVD-ROM

TRENDING THREADS