Question Gigabyte Aorus 15G XC shutdowns while gaming but not booting anymore

Sep 6, 2024
Hello everyone,

So I was playing with my laptop while connected to the external monitor (Civ VI), when suddenly it turned off. I though that could be because of overheating (weird still since I had played heavier games with it such as Warzone, etc), so I left it for 10 minutes to cool off. In addition, there was no "burn" smell coming from below the chasis.

After that, I tried turning on the laptop, and there was no sign of life. No display output, no keyboard lights, no booting or motherboard beep. The only things working were the fans spinning and a green light near the charging port which turns on while the laptop is charging.

Until now, I have left the laptop on to drain all the battery, did the CMOS reset (by taking the cmos battery out, waiting for 15 minutes and putting it on) and nothing happened. Any suggestions what I can do to troubleshoot?

Specs:

Intel Core i7-10870H​

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6​

32GB Memory (2 x 16 sticks)​

512GB SSD + 1TB SSD (bought separately and inserted a year ago)​

In addition, last month I replaced the LCD screen since it was damaged (during that time, the laptop was in a working state while connected to the external monitor).

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you elaborate on how the laptop's screen got damaged?

As for your laptop, you try and disconnect from the wall, disassemble the laptop, disconnect the internal battery(not the CMOS), remove the sticks of ram, and press and hold down the power button for 30secs. Once done, use an eraser to wipe the gold contacts on the ram sticks, wipe clean off of any eraser lint and then reseat them in their slots.

Use the wall adapter(not the battery) to power up the laptop.

Sep 6, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you elaborate on how the laptop's screen got damaged?

As for your laptop, you try and disconnect from the wall, disassemble the laptop, disconnect the internal battery(not the CMOS), remove the sticks of ram, and press and hold down the power button for 30secs. Once done, use an eraser to wipe the gold contacts on the ram sticks, wipe clean off of any eraser lint and then reseat them in their slots.

Use the wall adapter(not the battery) to power up the laptop.
It was physical damage according to the tech repair shop, which is strange on itself since I am usually very careful with how I handle the laptop and most importantly for more than a year, I had been using it as a desktop just connected to the external monitor. However, after replacement the laptop was working fine.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try it now. By eraser, you mean "isopropyl alcohol", because I also have a Power Duster available.