Question Gigabyte b450m ds3h not recognising my Zotac gtx970

Nov 16, 2019
I've just upgraded my pc from an i5 4460 setup to new Gigabyte b450 with Ryzen 5 3600. I've transferred my gtx 970 to the new motherboard but when I boot it up I get no output at all, not even to bios.

Everything else seems to be working fine, hard drive is spooling up and is going through the boot up process but as I say absolutely no graphics. Am I missing something obvious?

I've got a Corsair 650w psu so should have no power supply issues, made sure card is seated and the 2 6 pin connectors are connected as they should. Unfortunately I've got no other graphics card to use to try and troubleshoot where the problem may lie.

Just completely stumped...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Did you ensure that the motherboard BIOS was updated to at least version F40 before installing the 3600? The board is not out of the box compatible with the 3600 and requires a BIOS update prior to use.

What RAM are you also using?
What make and model PSU is it?

Nov 16, 2019
Yes the Bios is updated, ensured that was done prior to purchase, it has the f41 bios currently.

Ram is Vengeance lpx 3200mhz
Psu is Corsair VS650

Did you ensure that the motherboard BIOS was updated to at least version F40 before installing the 3600? The board is not out of the box compatible with the 3600 and requires a BIOS update prior to use.

What RAM are you also using?
What make and model PSU is it?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Cover each and every one of these steps first (even if you have done some of them already): https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

How long have you had the VS also?

Yes the Bios is updated, ensured that was done prior to purchase, it has the f41 bios currently.
I would also verify this, purely on the basis that we have had some, (including some on these forums) where the seller has stated the BIOS is up to date, and upon inspection, it hasn't been. So just worth checking. Usually the box will state "Out of the box compatible" on it.