Question Gigabyte B450M S2H for a 1600X build?

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Hi all!

As the title suggests I'm looking for your general thoughts and opinions on pairing the Ryzen 5 1600X with the Gigabyte B450M S2H? Specifically I'm looking for info on how well this board overclocks? The completed system will consist of the aforementioned 1600X, a GTX 970 and 8gb of RAM (Will be upgraded to 16gb in near future). The power delivery seems solid enough on this board for a bit of overclocking, however having not dealt with any Ryzen processors yet on the OC front I'd appreciate some hands on advice?

Cheers in advance! =)

Hi all!

As the title suggests I'm looking for your general thoughts and opinions on pairing the Ryzen 5 1600X with the Gigabyte B450M S2H? Specifically I'm looking for info on how well this board overclocks? The completed system will consist of the aforementioned 1600X, a GTX 970 and 8gb of RAM (Will be upgraded to 16gb in near future). The power delivery seems solid enough on this board for a bit of overclocking, however having not dealt with any Ryzen processors yet on the OC front I'd appreciate some hands on advice?

Cheers in advance! =)
1600x could be overclocked on practically any b450 MB although "x" denotes that OC may not be necessary as it boost pretty good by itself.

grebgonebad

Distinguished
Yeah I understand that for the most part OCing will be pretty flexible in terms of options, however I'm more concerned about the actual practicality of doing so on a cheaper motherboard? Hence my comments about the power delivery system, I know from experience that a poor power delivery system can greatly affect the overall effect of overclocking.