[SOLVED] Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 + 5600G USB issues

Sep 23, 2021
Hey guys,

Usually i dont have a problem upgrading a PC but here i am. Seeking the best advice.

I have done a fresh build minus existing HDDS. Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 Rev1.0 BIOS F12 (newest is F14C) with AMD 5600G cpu. I can access the bios fine and see all the HDDs installed but as soon as i boot to windows, it loads the log in screen but i cannot use KB or mouse. I can use them in the bios gui but not to log on. Does anyone know of compatibility issues with the usbs on windows 7? i have tried deactivating legacy usb in bios, rebooting and still nothing.
Just looking at options first before i try windows 10.

PC specs are
Mobo - Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2
CPU - AMD 5600G
Ram - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHZ 8gb x 4 (32GB total)
CPU cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212x
PS - Corsair CX650F

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hey guys,

Usually i dont have a problem upgrading a PC but here i am. Seeking the best advice.

I have done a fresh build minus existing HDDS. Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 Rev1.0 BIOS F12 (newest is F14C) with AMD 5600G cpu. I can access the bios fine and see all the HDDs installed but as soon as i boot to windows, it loads the log in screen but i cannot use KB or mouse. I can use them in the bios gui but not to log on. Does anyone know of compatibility issues with the usbs on windows 7? i have tried deactivating legacy usb in bios, rebooting and still nothing.

PC specs are
CPU - AMD 5600G
Ram - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHZ 8gb x 4 (32GB...
Hey guys,

PC specs are
CPU - AMD 5600G
Ram - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHZ 8gb x 4 (32GB total)
CPU cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212x
PS - Corsair CX650F

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
that cpu weren't engineered to support Windows 7, no wonder why it have some bugs. While aside amd usb bugs, you should try clean installing windows 10 on uefi (no csm). update bios to the latest, then load optimized settings, disable CSM (just make everything UEFI, no legacy anything) and proceed clean install windows 10.

Don't connect to internet yet after installing windows, install amd chipset driver (download it in another pc/laptop and copy paste it on your flash drive), reboot, and you're free to connect to internet and download amd radeon driver.

Last edited:
Solution