Question Gigabyte Control Center blue screen (BSOD) ?

Jun 16, 2023
Hi guys I've got into a problem with the GCC its causing me a blue screen that says:
"Driver_Power _State_Failure" .

Does anybody else encounter this issue? It happened to me maybe after I updated the graphics card vbios through the GCC from F1 to F1.2 but I'm not sure and without the program I can't control my graphics card fans and my ram sticks glowing red because its not connected to the program.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you tried uninstalling GCC and downloading a new copy from https://www.gigabyte.com/Consumer/Software/GIGABYTE-Control-Center/global/

That could fix both of your problems.

Or Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

and I can look at results after next BSOD.

What GPU do you have?

Jun 16, 2023
I did it before so I have the files but I cant compress them it says that there are include characters that cannot be compressed what do I need to change to make it be compressed?
And I have an aorus master RTX 4090 or can I use WinRAR instead?
also the uninstall and install the program back is the first thing I did but it didn't help

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023
Yes I copied the files to the desktop like you wrote and it showing me this message and I'll try to upload and can you give me a upload site that you are using so there will not be a problem please.

Colif

Win 11 Master
sorry I am slow to reply, had to update the virtual machine I use to convert dump files

report - click run as fiddle to read (really just for me)

File: 1.dmp (Sep 17 2023 - 18:30:46)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9F)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 29 Sec(s)

File: 2.dmp (Sep 17 2023 - 18:41:17)
Probably caused by: dxgkrnl.sys (Process: WmiPrvSE.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File: 3.dmp (Sep 17 2023 - 18:01:39)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

File: 4.dmp (Sep 17 2023 - 17:40:16)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

File: 5.dmp (Sep 17 2023 - 18:09:44)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 07 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

the last two error both mention DirectX in the error text. 90% of the time I see it, its the GPU drivers

Try running DDU in safe mode and uninstall the Nvidia drivers, boot back into normal and reinstall them again

I wonder if it updated GPU drivers at same time as the VBIOS?

Jun 16, 2023
In the options general options section do I need to uncheck them all and leave just the nvidia options checked? and what options I need to check in the nvidia options?

Colif

Win 11 Master
without the program I can't control my graphics card fans and my ram sticks glowing red because its not connected to the program.
just thinking, you could use this to control fan speeds: https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases (I use this for most of fans in my pc)
and this to control rgb on ram - https://rgbsync.com/wiki/Supported_Devices#Team_Group

just in case we can't get program running without that error.

I assume GCC must integrate RGB Fusion features into one program? I find their software isn't the best. I have a Gigabyte MB myself and recently added 2 more rgb ram sticks to PC and the rgb strip on MB randomly turned off. I installed RGB fusion and upon running it found it took control of my ram sticks (I normally use Icue) but it at least turned rgb on motherboard back on. I uninstalled after as its caused errors on my PC in the past.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023
Ok thanks I will update you if the problem is not solved.
Note: the problem is not solved its a problem within the program when I press in update option in the GCC its have a long time load and when I press on the task manager on process section its stop working with a notification that the program has stopped working then after a few minutes like 3 min
its giving me the BSOD

Last edited: