Gigabyte Factory Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Pretty Sweet. Looks like a typical PCB manufacturing floor..

argade

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong but surface mount parts (SMT) come from tape and reel and are soldered in a reflow oven not a wave solder machine b/c they aren't through-hole parts. Also I believe flux is sprayed on the leads of the through-hole parts that need to be soldered in wave for a better solder joint, not the other way around.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Ok sorry for 3 (almost) consecutive posts, but for picture 20:
"With speed and skill, Sherri covertly moves in to bag a few motherboards and graphics cards."
Are you guys serious? T_T

1ni3shi

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Tuan, prepare to hear from GIGABYTE laywers!
They'll probably brand your forehead with UD3 or UDV logos...

You sold out the identity of your THSA Kobe GOOD JOB!!

NocturnalOne

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
You have to wonder if they're going to rename the company when host memory is measured in TB rather than GB. Sort of like a company being called Kilobyte back in the 60s. Sounds to quaint now.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]computabug[/nom]Ok sorry for 3 (almost) consecutive posts, but for picture 20:"With speed and skill, Sherri covertly moves in to bag a few motherboards and graphics cards."Are you guys serious? T_T[/citation]
[citation][nom]the last resort[/nom]The video card in picture #14 is the 9800GT 1GB edition.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6814125282[/citation]

Hehe, that was meant as a joke. We don't need to do that. :) We just call Gigabyte and ask.

/ Tuan

stuckintexas

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
I worked for quite a while as a Test Engineer and the two pics of their functional test fixture makes me weep. Most engineers would be fired if they tried to release that to MFG.

@argade - You are 100% correct.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Oh what fun!

Why are they one of the most popular choices? Both of my GA-EP45-UD3R's work very well. They have a lot of good features and are priced very nicely. That's why.

BTW, what is a "surgical precession"? Is that some kind of parade?

NocturnalOne

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]stuckintexas[/nom]I worked for quite a while as a Test Engineer and the two pics of their functional test fixture makes me weep. Most engineers would be fired if they tried to release that to MFG.[/citation]

I doubt that that was a production test fixture. Would take much too long and risk damage to the product.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]computabug[/nom]Hey Tuan, am I right about it being a non-reference gts250 in the picture?[/citation]

Indeed you're right. It is a GTS 250. :) Good eye!
Here are some points. Hehehehe. :)

/ Tuan

mavroxur

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]The motherboard is covered with something called flux, which seals the PCB from the liquid solder. The liquid solder immediately adheres to areas of the board where flux isn't applied[/citation]

Might want to do some more research about what flux exactly does, because thats comletely wrong.

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bk420[/nom]Man why can't this be made in the USA?beats flipping burgers![/citation]
Because americans are known to be lazy, careless and exploitive of their workplace resources? Just a thought... Not all of them, but as a group, that's what americans are known to be good at...

Status
Not open for further replies.