Totimoshi

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Hi everybody,

This is not actually question about my motherboard, it's about my cpu, but everything starts with motherboard right? :) So, lately my cpu is overheating absurdly. When ever I turn on my computer, when it logs on and when I open, lets say, two applications at the same time, temperature of the cpu jumps to 85, :heink:,everything is so slow, beyond comprehension. This is according to Everest. Fan temperature is 4,4, which is in red of course, and that's not good as well. I don know much about hardware, I just started to understand it. Cpu is Intel Pentium 4 3,00 Ghz, it's not latest thing, but it's currently everything I can afford :) I have 2 gigs of RAM, DDR, not DDRII. So what should I do? Do you think it's the fan, should I get another one? Or is it the cpu itself? Nothing has been overclocked, everything is on default settings. So if you guys have any suggestions I wold be happy to hear it, because I don't know what else to do.

Thanks in advance...

bilbat

Splendid
It's most likely a fan install problem, but, admittedly - the Intel fans are really minimal junk, and need to be replaced with anything else... The fan is locked on with a set of concentric push pins that rotate to expand and lock - pull your MOBO and check that all four are, indeed, fully seated and locked, before going any further...